Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extra carseat help

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am going to Babies R Us to buy a car seat for a shower gift.  We are buying 2 seats today.  I think we are getting the My Ride for the main car.  I want to get an another seat for a car that will not be used as much.  The seat needs to be for newborn and up.  We are not interested in getting an infant carrier.  Can someone suggest a fairly inexpensive extra seat.  I was thinking the Costco Scenera.  I am not sure though because they tend to have large and very long babies.  Any other suggestions?  By the way, we are doing the trade in event.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crystallynn
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:50 AM

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012743&CAWELAID=200065784

this is the seat that my nephew uses..... it is pretty cheap for a convertible seat.

mommytwoboys
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM

The Scenera is a good choice. It fits nbs well and will last until age 3ish so it is a good choice for a 2nd seat.

jkrew
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM

The Scenera is the perfect choice for a spare/second seat. It is taller than most other 40lb limit convertibles so it will last longer and it is cheaper.

AmiJanell
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM

The Scenera would be an excellent choice.   It fits newborns well and will easily fit a child rear facing until they are at least 2 years (my son is 35 inches and still fits with plenty of room rear facing)

mhmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Thanks.  On the Scenera can you use the top slot also?  I think I read somewhere on her(could be wrong) that you can't always use the top slot being it is not always reinforced.

mommytwoboys
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:18 AM

The top slot can be used... I think you are thinking of the all-in-one.....

mhmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Great.  Thanks for the help.  I think I am gong to buy it for her.  Her kids tend to be so TALL and I don't think the baby will make it to 3 but it is a good start.  Her one son is less than a year older then my daughter and is more than a foot taller.  I know it has to do with torso but he is TALL.  Oh and he is about 20 lbs heavier also.  lol

Quoting mommytwoboys:

The top slot can be used... I think you are thinking of the all-in-one.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)