Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever felt like this?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am kind of scared to have more kids. Owen is my perfect little baby and I don't want to take away from him by having another kid. I think he deserves all of the love and attention I can possibly give and if there is another baby..... would I ignore him for the new baby..... or ignore the new baby for him?

I want at least one more kid but every time I think about what it would be like I feel bad. I can't really explain exactly what I feel like but it's kind of like..... is it possible to love another person as much?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I feel the same way about DS. I don't want to have another and take away from him..I want to be able to focus all my love and attention on just one baby, and be able to give him extra since I don't  have 2 or more kids, just 1.

suebee3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I have three kids and each one is special in their own way, and you can love more than 1 child.  HAving siblings is something great to give to your kids.  I have 3 siblings myself and wouldn't know what to do without them.  Some of my friends are only children and they wish they could have had a brother or sister.  Everyday is a playdate.lol  Having more than 1 child has helped to teach the kids patients and how to care for someone else.  My kids are 4, 3 and 10 months.  The girls love their baby brother.  My biggest problem is them fighting over who gets to hold him or play with him.  If I could convince my husband 'd have a 4th!  I love all my kids and give them everything they need, even if they have to wait a few minutes to get it.  Good luck in your decision, and know that since my kids are so close together my oldest doesn't remember not having her sister and in another year it will be like the baby was always there too.  

elenam1209
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I felt the same way before I had my second. My 6 year old dd and I have always been very close since her father abandoned her...so it was always me and her. Once I met my SO and we had another baby things only got better!! my oldest is my biggest helper and I know I can always count on her. She loves being a big sister and it makes her feel so much more special being a big sister! she brangs to everrryone about it lol

Daphnesangel
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I also felt this way but it was after I was already pregnant this last time because I had a sixth month old and I was pregnant with twins. The more I thought about it though the more I realized that my 2 year old has taught my 1 year old so much that sometimes after he says something I realize his big brother taught him that. And I know that my 1 year old will teach his little sister just like his big brother taught him.

ifonly4amoment
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:36 AM

When you have another baby, everyone has a new place in life and you adjust. Your little one now will have the outstanding role of awesome big brother. You will not ignore him but yet comfort him in his new position. When we have children understanding that they are joining our life instead of vice versa gives everyone their place in your family. Still maintain Owen time when it is just you and him, incorporate big brother time when he helps you with the baby such as getting diapers, feedings and singing. It is a plus to let him in on as much as your pregnancy as possible so he will feel comfortable in the beginning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)