Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bank Of America

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM
  • 43 Replies

does anyone in here bank with them? if so do u like them? if u have before and you dont anymore would u mind telling me why? have u had any bad experiences with them? im thinking of opening an account with them for dd's ssi because the account its going into now mine and dh's keeps going negative because of dh and i need her ssi for dr appts and such so i was gonna go some time in the next couple of weeks and open an account dh said he has heard bad things from his friends who have banked with them but i also have heard some good stuff i really like the idea of their keep the change for the bank acconts personally. so anything at all to help me decide if they are a good bank or not would be grately appreaciated thanks and if you dont have any info could u please atleast bump this for me thanks.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

ARE YOU AN ARMY WIVES FAN??? IF SO NEW SEASON STARTS APRIL 11

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I think they're crap for so many reasons.

Find a local bank that was not involved with the whole corporate welfare/ bail out thing.

I ♥ Amegy bank but they're from TX.

MOTHERBEAR6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I loved being with BOA. I loved it I miss them, They don't have one here.

MrsReesca17
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I've been with them for 6 years and they are HORRIBLE.  They will find every way possible to nickle and dime you.  They have online banking, and charges will show up, then disappear for days at a time, then come back.  Their customer service staff are rude as hell and they're just not customer friendly.  They're a worldwide bank - they only care if you have a ton of money in the bank.  If you live paycheck to paycheck or if money is just tight in general, I wouldn't choose BOA to bank with.  I've never heard a positive review from them.

Here's a good example.  When we first bought our house, direct deposit wasn't available at either mine or DH's jobs.  I deposited our checks every single Friday like I had done for years.  Then one day they wanted to put a hold on BOTH our checks, even though they were going into separate accounts.  The only reason they would give me was that they wanted to make sure our checks were legit and not forged.  Thing is, I had already sent a check off to our mortgage company.  I had to go to the 2 different banks where our checks were drawn from, cash mine, and get a certified check for DH's for them to deposit it.  I'm sorry, but after depositing checks from the SAME employer for years, they up and decided to place a hold on them for 13 days just for the hell of it?  We didn't have overdrafts or anything.  I called customer service, and they said they placed a hold on it "because we can."  That was all they would tell me.

They SUCK.  DON'T bank with them!!!

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:24 AM

When my son had SSI, we were not allowed to have it deposited into a personal account.  The account had to be established immediately under his name.  You really should have it set up that way.  I don't bank with BoA, so I really don't have any input on that.   

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM

ok well thank you very much the story dh told me was he had a friend who had his checks dd bc we are military and they have to be dd well on pay day they had checked their account in the am and his check had gone in well the friend and his wife only haveing one vehicle had no spent any money all day then that night when they went to go shopping or something it declined their card again no one had touched the card they went home got online and their account was over drawn 5 grand. none of the card had been used nothing came out it was a bank error and they tried to say it was the friends fault.

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM

well right now its going into mine and dh's account because thats the only account we have and they never said anything about it to me. i guess cause im listed as her custodial parent on the ssi im not sure to be honest. cause even with an account under her name she is only 2 so its not like she would be able to sign or anything to get the money out and use it.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

When my son had SSI, we were not allowed to have it deposited into a personal account.  The account had to be established immediately under his name.  You really should have it set up that way.  I don't bank with BoA, so I really don't have any input on that.   

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Just be reallly careful and get it into an account for her to be safe.  You are supposed to have the account in her name and you are an authorized user because you are the representative payee.  If your husband is overdrawing the account and you need to separate her money, that means her money is being spent on things that it shouldn't be.  You can get criminal charges for this. 

So, get her an account as soon as possible.  SSI will tell you how to title the account.  They change it all the time.  I think when my son had his, it said my name "for" my son on the checks. I can't remember for sure.

Once per year, SSI will ask you to give a breakdown of how the money was spent for the previous year. You need to be able to show that the money is being used on the child.  Having it in its own account will make this much easier as well.

Quoting mommam58122:

well right now its going into mine and dh's account because thats the only account we have and they never said anything about it to me. i guess cause im listed as her custodial parent on the ssi im not sure to be honest. cause even with an account under her name she is only 2 so its not like she would be able to sign or anything to get the money out and use it.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:19 AM

well yes deafently then i will get it changed. so i guess in need to keep reciepts that i havent kept all of them. this is the first time that our account was overdrawn that it will take her ssi so i am deafently going to get that fixed.

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM

also let me ask when u set up the account with ur son's name on it did they only give u checks or did u also get a debit card? cause i hate dealing with checks i would much rather have a debit card.

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Bank of America SUUUUUUUCKS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)