Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want my kid to have the same name as 10 other kids in his class!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 276 Replies

just a question for those who pick names like Aiden/Aden, Madalynn/Madeline and other names like that....why? is it name u always had picked out? or are you naming them after someone?

i just dont know why you would want to name your kid something that everyone else is naming their kids too....unless it was really special to you or something

i am curious so thats why i am asking!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Why does it matter to you ??? Dont like it, then name your kids such off the wall names that they will want to change it when they get older. 

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I will name my kids whatever i want to.  I really could care less what others name their kids. If it happens to be the same so be it, it is not the end of the world.  I have never been interested if something was popular or not. If i like something i go with it.

ready_for2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM

cant you read? i said i am curious! it doesnt matter to me, but havent you ever been curious about something, even something that doesnt matter?

its not that im saying i dont like those names either, i think they both sound fine. its just that a million other kids have the same name...

Quoting Aamy:

Why does it matter to you ??? Dont like it, then name your kids such off the wall names that they will want to change it when they get older. 

OwensMama824

IDK. My son's name is Owen, is that popular? We just liked it so that's whatwe named him. The next one will be Delaney or Liam...... I LOVE Delaney and I have liked Liam since I was 6.

Christine0813

LOL. I don't see what the issue is. If that is what some like, so be it.

Married mother with three children, Daniel, Seth, Olivia and SM to Nicole.

Join Northeast Ohio Moms 

JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Same reason my mom named me Jennifer in 1983.....it was(still is, I just hate it) a nice sounding name.  Unfortunately, it was also ridiculously popular.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Wow we dont have those names but your rude, why must you be a rude snot like a million other people in this world!?

meagansmama1009

lol I think when people name their kids they choose names that they really like. Other peoples children are none of my concern, so whether they may or may not be naming their kids the name I picked out was not even a factor. My attention was on MY child. And Meagan suits her just dandy! 

tashibaby

Watch out for the lynch mob! I made a post talking about the MOTHERS That felt the need to explain the name Nevaeh every time they told someone. And People where tell me i was a bitch cause i was talking bad about someones baby.

2boys2luv83

My oldests name is Eric and bellieve it or not he has never had someone else in his class with his name.  Gavin is not a name I hear everywhere either.  But what does it matter anyway?  As long as you like the name then you should name your kid whatever you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)