Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in the market for a new carseat!! I need help

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

So which one is better britax regent or frontier? I am also considering the graco nautilus?? My son is 3 years old and is in the britax roundabout. He is a little guy. He weighs like 29 pounds and is not very tall.. all opinions welcome.. thanks ladies driving

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
starryeyez23
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I bought my daughter the graco nautilus,I love it,but that thing is HEAVY.the heaviest car seat I have ever owned or seen anyone else use.If you are going to be transferring it to different cars I don't sggest it,If it is just going to stay in one car its a really nice seat

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Just curious, but why are you buying a new seat when he still fits the limits for this one (both RF and FF).

mommymandy06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I do not need one right now. But when I find a deal on one I am going to buy it. At the end of the year i will transfer him into a new seat and my daughter will get his.. Thanks

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Once I realized you have a younger baby, I realized that baby probably needs this seat soon. In that case, I'd go with the Frontier. It has the capabilities to convert into a booster when he's older so it will be more worth the money. The shoulder straps are just a little taller on the Regent, but if he's shorter than it probably won't matter to much (it's only like 3/4 of an inch difference).

mommymandy06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:39 PM

bump

bluesky51201
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Regents are being discontinued but you can find them some places for around $200 I think.  The Frontier is the "new" Regent.  I bought Regents for both of my boys because the weight max is higher than the Nautilus which only goes to 65 pounds.  I wanted to harness for as long as possible and I love Britax seats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)