Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make Up Challenged

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM
  • 14 Replies

So, I am not that into make up, but I will put on a little every once in awhile.

I have been thinking about trying the "mineral" make up.

How many of you have tried it?  Did you like it?  Which brand was it? 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I've tried three different brands. The original bare minerals is the best, but it's expensive and I can't afford it.

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:35 AM

What were the other two brands you tried?  I really can't afford it either.  :(

Quoting kk_bella:

I've tried three different brands. The original bare minerals is the best, but it's expensive and I can't afford it.

pearlmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I tried the physician's mineral make up, you can find it in your local drug stores like CVS and Target lol!! I do like this brand a lot, make my complexion looks a lot better lol!! and it feels very light :) I've also tried Avon mineral make up and I like very much too ;) I hope that helps and good luck.  :)

southernjess3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM

i love mineral eyeshadows and face powders..

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I'm allegic to powder type makeup.I have asthmatic reactions to it. I rarely wear makeup though. But when I do, it's liquid foundation, a little macara, maybe a little blush and eye shadow and lip stick. Down here in the South during the hottest days, it just slides right off anyway, I don't like having that messy clown face.

sharivegas0614
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I tried Bare minerals and sheer cover.Bare minerals was so much better but yes it was expensive.Sheer cover sucked for me b/c I felt it didn't cover as much as they said it would.But now if I buy makeup I try to get a foundation thats turns to powder.

brendenalanna
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I love it. I wear maybelline and bare ecsentuals.  It  is very light and doesnt feel like you are wearing amkeup and it literally take five minutes to put on. I am a firm believer.

jaymeebrockhaus
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  Smooth Minerals Starter Kit

Better-than-bare beauty.

$25.00

A $38.00 value! One complete 6-piece collection with all the essentials you need. Choose the kit that's customized for your skin tone. Each kit includes:

2 FOUNDATIONS
A customized blend for your perfect shade. .20 oz. net wt.
TRANSPARENT GLOW
For a radiant finish. .20 oz. net wt.
BLUSH
.09 oz. net wt.
ALL OVER KABUKI BRUSH
INSTRUCTION CARD – HOW TO USE SMOOTH MINERALS

Contains pure mineral pigments…and enriched with vitamins. Free of talc, oil and fragrance. Great for all skin types, even sensitive.

Not sure what you are looking to spend but this is great!  Avon also has a $ back guarantee if you don't like it.  They also offer eye shadow as well!  If I can help you out in any way contact me.  Best of Luck!

liss7208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM

i used bare minerals for years...i loved it--but i just recently switched to revlon mineral mousse and i love it as well. the only idfference is that you can sleep in bare minerals as it wont really clog your pores but with the mousse you cant. lol i am about to graduate with my esthetician license and i should always practice what i preach but sometimes i just get lazy. there is a website called cosmetic safety database that rates all makeup/haircare etc if you are worried about ingredients or toxicity of what you are using.

TristensMama06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I use physician's formula on the rare occasion that I actually do wear makeup.

I didn't like the make-up remover, it didn't work as well as regular remover works, IMO.

Aside from that, I love it!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)