Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boobs!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM
  • 39 Replies

So after a year of breastfeeding and my boobs being stretched from an A to literally a D sometimes from my milk...my boobs look sad and non-existent...Before I had DD I was 118 and I was a C..never had a complaint about my boobs..loved them lol thought they were the perfect size for me..now after DD at 100 lbs and probably a AA I cant believe how bad they look..I never thought they would be so small..but at the same time I know im much skinnier now so that is probably a big factor...But as I wait for DH to come home from deployment I feel more and more anxious and nervous about him seeing me..before he left I was still nursing ...so obviously my boobs hadnt deflated yet..lol..I literally avoid seeing my boobs when getting dressed ..

So after alot of thought..I REALLY want breast implants!!! I feel like im being silly or ridiculous but I really just wanna look like a woman again and feel better about myself. Im also really nervous about going under and also the recovery...im just super scared about going under for surgery for something cosmetic and that isnt even necessary...am I crazy for wanting it?? anyone else want them done or had them done?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I want mine reduced. I am sure that the doctor will probably tell me that because of the way my boobs are shaped or whatever that I will need a reduction and implants. I'm not sure how all of that works. I'm fine with it, if I need implants after a reduction, so be it.

chandac
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I totally want mine done, and hopefully I will get mine next year after I lose more of my baby weight. I've always been an A my whole life, they are finally bigger, now a B cup, but from them deflating (I was a D!) they look sad, so I am def a believer in plastic surgery only if you do it for yourself and no one else. Good Luck!!!

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:35 AM

If mine were not naturally huge I would get implants.

The recovery and surgery for implants is pretty easy.

Jcorris
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I had mine reduced. I was a DDD. Now im down to a D. The surgery recovery wasnt too bad either. I was pretty much useless for like 2 days and then I was fine. Sore.. but could take care of the kids with no real problems

RaverBaby
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I've thought about breast implants too.

My boobs are saggy.....I feel like my boobs are waaay older then 19 years old.

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I will probably get a reduction after this baby.  I was always a D, then had daughter and they became big DDs, and I have a lot of back pain because of them.

Devoted Navy wife to Joe, mommy to Isabel, & expecting #2!

elenam1209
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I got implants 4 years ago in March. I do not regret my decision at all!!! I didn't do it for anyone but myself....and I feel much better about myself. I didn't go HUGE like some women do, but I love them. Make sure you research before, if you do decide, because there is recovery time and trust me you'll need it!!!!

forevermom9
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I've always had small boobs.  But you know what?  Our culture is so weird.  We are conditioned into believing that our boobs have to be huge in order to be attractive.  If you go back and look at hundred plus old paintings of nude women, what they thought as beautiful was hippy and smaller breasted women.  Today, it's the boobs that count and the slender little bitty waist and thin hiplines.  Go figure. It's everything we are not genetically supposed to be.

Personally, I refuse to let anyone dictate to me that what I am not is what I should be, especially Hugh Hefner.  My boobs came through nursing 4 children for two plus years each with flying colors.  They went from A to B, in the meantime.  Of course I went from less than model thin to healthy weight in the mean time.  As a lactation educator and from what they have always told me in medical seminars, nursing is not what changed your boob size.  It's your weight. 

I have a friend who came home from work one day and found out that his wife (who was a model at the time) secretly got a boob job to surprise him.  He was  furious.  Eventually he got a divorce because he felt discounted and unappreciated.  He loved her in her natural state.  I married a man who would be appalled if I changed my shape, so be sure you husband knows before you do anything drastic. 

Keep in mind, for all of you ladies who get breast reduction...you will not be able to efficiently nurse your babies which is what they are there for in the first place.  (Unless there has been some medical breakthrough over the last 15 years that I am unaware of.) As a lactation educator, I have seen it all.  I have had clients whose husbands don't want them to nurse because their boobs are for them.  I have had clients whose husbands will hook themselves up to an SnS system so they baby can nurse off of them while the moms battle infection.  There are all kinds.

Please, see yourself as who you are; beautiful and natural.  There is nothing more beautiful than what you are intended to be.

I hope this helps.

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.  ~Honorรฉ de Balzac

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Be careful with any boob surgery, do your research and find the right DR. I wish I could have found a different DR for when I had my reduction and lift back in 1999. I am so scard from it. But happy that I am no longer hanging low like I used to be.My boobs literally hit my hip bones they were so stretched out and horrible. I am a big C now, was a DD and it was very hard on me because of the weight of my boobs. I am small boned and very short. So, the insurance we had at the time, covered most of my expense. I think I only had to pay $500. 00 to the Dr office and then the supplies that were needed post surgery, ace bandages, special gauze's and ointments etc.

meagansmama1009
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM

in a couple years when Im sure Im done having babies, and I get my body back into shape I def want implants!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)