Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"GET OFF MY A**!!!!" (some adult language)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 60 Replies

I hate when you are standing in line and the person behind you is standing so close that they are basically up your ass...literally....

I went to the PX to pick up some baby clothes for DS (I guess when people bought him clothes, they thought he didn't need any 3-6 month outfits...lol, but I got great deals...I digress....)....anyhoo, after the PX, Ds and I went to the food court and went to the Taco Bell line.

I had DS in his carseat in the cart. This family (I assume...2 adult women, 1 adult guy, 2 little girls, and 1 toddler boy) walk up behind me. I assume they were German...they were talking German to one another and the kids were speaking in German...not that it has anything to do with this post...just thought I'd throw that in there...

Anyways, the women are basically standing right on top of me, so I scoot forward a bit because that bugs the shit out of me.

What do they do? Yep, you guessed it...they moved forward as well and were breathing on me (yes, I could feel them breathing on me)...

Then, the little girls come up and stand in front of the parents (in the very tiny tiny space there is between us)..so I try to scoot forward again....

and they kept scooting forward....

I wanted to scream "GET OFF MY FUCKING ASS!!!!" but I didn't...

had to vent...I just really REALLY hate when people do that shit!

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carastacey
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Maybe you should just stay home...

sharivegas0614
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I hate that crap too!!!And I have issuses with personal space and strangers.But being me i will say something,like do you mind not standing so close to me.Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.

pearlmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Ugh!!!!!!!!!! I hate that too  :( I always have to deal with some stupid people like this in the grocery store. I feel like I want to punch them in the f***ing face. Sorry you had to deal with this momma :(
TristensMama06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I've heard that that's normal for Europeans. They don't believe in the "personal space bubble." But I'm the same way too, I HATE having people right up on me, I'll turn around and give them "the look" to make them back off, LOL.

Photobucket

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I would have turned around and said... "can you please scoot back... I'm not feeling well and I don't want to get you and your kids sick" than coughed horriblly while I said it....lol

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Actually, we were just talking about this in one of my classes. Different regions of the world have different customs and ways of doing things. I'm not sure how Germany is, but if they were from say, India, it is just the way they do things over there. It's one of those differences of the eastern and western hemispheres. Oh, I know what class it was! Pyschology! LOL

RunNikiRun
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I am so totally with you on that one!  Can't STAND it when people do that!  You mentioned they were probably German, maybe that culture takes a different view on it?  I dunno, I've never been there and people should try to respect the culture they're in regardless, but maybe at least they weren't trying to be jerks...

2princesnaKing
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Some people do it unknowingly. Its not a big deal. Are they touching you? Why dont you just move forward a bit.

lcappytan05
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM

why? I didn't say anything to them or even give them dirty looks...am I not allowed to let off steam on here???

Quoting carastacey:

Maybe you should just stay home...

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

ronandamy1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Americans have a different sense of personal space than most other countries but I can feel your pain. I HATE when people are in my personal space. I teach high school and high school kids are notorious for being in my bubble. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)