Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Wish My Hubby Did This (Vent)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM
  • 32 Replies

Why is it here that I am constantly seeing woman posting about how unhelpful their husbands or significant others are?

Seriously, you should stop complaining and put your damn foot down, if they don't want to help be a part of the family which includes helping around the house and the kids then don't help them do anything. It actually makes me sick at how many woman are forced to be #1 parent at all times. Dad works so mom has to cook dinner, clean house, wash, feed, and play with the kids.

Why do you put up with it?

My SO helps me around the house. I am a SAHM and he did have a little attitude that I should be the only one who cleans and cooks. He works, yes, but he is also part of our family and he has to contribute to our family by helping with the housework. The kids... that is NOT a chore. Yes it's difficult but BOTH parents should be there for a child, not just the mother. A father can give a bath and read a book before bed, he can come home from a long stressful day at work and change a diaper. It's part of life.

P.S. I'm not talking about you woman who take every command from their husband and like it. Heck, that's odd to me but if you don't mind it, that's fine with me... I am talking about the ones who are constantly complaining... do something about it or kick his ass to the curb.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM

So now no one has anything to say?

Tylersmum06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I agree. It could be worse, they could be a single mother like myself.

erinbills
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I have a husband who helps me but I know alot of ladies whose husbands are the jack asses that think thier wives should do everything.

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

My husband helps out. Im a SAHM and he doesn't even get home till 7pm most nights. If i'v been lazy that day, which I have been latly because of the pregnancy kicking my a** he'll come home and clean up the house. I don't ask him to, he just does it. 

Last wk he came home after work and then put the girls new bunk beds together, mopped the floors *because he decided to get a cat and it pissed everywhere the first day. Then he cleaned up and went to bed. I didn't ask him to do any of it. I thought we could wait until the wkend to put the bed together but he wanted to. Guess im just lucky =)

Idiosyncratic
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

why are you always complaining about what other women complain about?

Double.L
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I should be a man.  I think since my DH alone works its my job not only to do all the cleaning, cooking and childcare but to do it without complaint.  I know my husband doesnt want to come home after a hard days work to mop or hear me bitching.  As long as he plays with the kids, and takes care of mama Im smiling...

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

imthatgirl728
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I'm a SAHM. Why would I need my husbands help around the house? Not like it's a tough job, certainly I can handle it.

I guess I don;t think the only way to contribute to a family is to do dishes. He contributes by working all day everyday. the least I can do is show him how much I appreciate what he does for us by having a clean home and *gasp* cooking his meals.

I guess I always figured I'd be pretty pissed off if I worked a 10 hour day and came home to a husband asking ME whats for dinner after he just stayed home all day.

I think a relationship is about mutual respect....if I don;t respect what he does all day, how in the world can I expect him to respect my time.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM

What?

Quoting Idiosyncratic:

why are you always complaining about what other women complain about?

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM

That's why I said this is not for moms who do it and like it.

I am talking about the ones who are on here complaining 24/7 that their SO does shit around the house an expects her to do everything with no respect.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I'm a SAHM. Why would I need my husbands help around the house? Not like it's a tough job, certainly I can handle it.

I guess I don;t think the only way to contribute to a family is to do dishes. He contributes by working all day everyday. the least I can do is show him how much I appreciate what he does for us by having a clean home and *gasp* cooking his meals.

I guess I always figured I'd be pretty pissed off if I worked a 10 hour day and came home to a husband asking ME whats for dinner after he just stayed home all day.

I think a relationship is about mutual respect....if I don;t respect what he does all day, how in the world can I expect him to respect my time.

imthatgirl728
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM

No you said it's not for the women who take every command from their husband. I don't consider doing my part in the relationship "taking every command".

I think the people wo are constantly complaining have little respect fro what their husbands do for them....yet demand respect for the things they do.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

That's why I said this is not for moms who do it and like it.

I am talking about the ones who are on here complaining 24/7 that their SO does shit around the house an expects her to do everything with no respect.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)