Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I gotta ask....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 19 Replies

My son is 19 months and has began to take off his diaper almost everytime we dont put him in footie pjs. My question is how do you stop your child from taking off his diaper or is it time to potty train? My problem is my son doesnt talk so its hard to communicate with him and know what to do. Has anyone had this problem before?

Im a mother to 1 beautiful son. I dont believe in ERF! I delay vac. I dont spank in public, I use a child harness when in public, I love tattoos. I circumsized my son, I havent cut his hair in 17 months, Im a smoker, and occasionally drink a few. I dont believe in co-sleeping, and believe we are all allowed to make mistakes with our children no one is perfect! Im a wife to a union worker, and a stay at home mom

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JuneWestling
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

My son does this all the time. After putting him on the potty a few time he stopped. Onsies help out alot since they can't unbottom them quit as easily. 

n03z07l08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Alot of boys do that. You could try to see if he'll sit on the potty but hes a bit young for potrty training (not impossible though) if he';s not ready you could try putting his diaperon backwords or taping it on. Or I put underwear over my sons diaper so he cant get to it lol.

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Do you have a pair of shorts or a thin pair of slacks to put over his diaper? That might help. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Ethans_mom718
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM

thanks! Its just every morning we go thru this whole taking off his diaper and then he gets mad when we put a new diaper on.

Ethans_mom718
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Do you have a pair of shorts or a thin pair of slacks to put over his diaper? That might help. 

He takes his pants off to take off his diaper...
Thats why I always have to put him in footie pjs

Im a mother to 1 beautiful son. I dont believe in ERF! I delay vac. I dont spank in public, I use a child harness when in public, I love tattoos. I circumsized my son, I havent cut his hair in 17 months, Im a smoker, and occasionally drink a few. I dont believe in co-sleeping, and believe we are all allowed to make mistakes with our children no one is perfect! Im a wife to a union worker, and a stay at home mom

jcsg
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM

The bigger a deal you make of it, the more he'll do it.  It could be a couple of reasons why he does it.  Ready for potty training, he just figured out he can take it off by himself or he just thinks its funny.

It's just one of those things that kids go through.  Next week he'll probably find a new "skill" that'll make no sense.  lol

mommak78
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Onesies honey! That was the ONLY way I could keep my DS from taking off his diapers. They mostly do it so see mommy get upset I think! LOL Good luck! But seriously, Onesies do the trick!

Ravensong
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I have heard putting the diaper on backwards helps. That way he can't reach the tabs to take it off.

ANandLPsMom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

We still use onesies and Lily is almost 30 mths.

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

onesies will work until he discovers he can take them off by pulling them down over his shoulders...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)