Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paying bills..........

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

okay so i just realized that i have never in my entire life ever mailed in a bill! I pay everything online and always have and if i was to mail in a bill i probably wouldn't know how to do it! Have you ever mailed in bills or do you also pay everything online?

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briana_paige
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I mail in my mortgage payment and health insurance payment. The rest I pay at the company's office and I only pay the hospital bill online.

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I mail payments. Need to be sure to send them in plenty of time before the due date, the receiving people don't always post the accounts ASAP, and you get hit with a late fee. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Crystallynn
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

we pay everything online...... I have mailed in an occasional bill here and there..... like when we were trying to clear up our credit.

angelove8
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Pay online. Too many people can steal your checks in the mail. I have Idenity protection on my computer so I can safely (or at least more safely than mailing) pay my bills. And you don't have to worry about it getting lost or delayed in the mail.

ncmommy58
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I do both..mail and online...

itsallabtthem84
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

There are some I mail in, some I pay in person & some I pay online. If they charge me to pay online then I will mail it in. If there is the company here (like my cell phone) I will pay it in person other then that I will do it all online.

kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Some of my bills can not be paid online. My old car insurance company did not take online payments and neither does my water company.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Once upon a time I did.  Then the damn post office kept losing bills that were going 45 min away (3 times!!). Then we lived in a trailor when we first moved and did not know that they lady was not going to stop if we had no mail. We come home to find $1500 worth of bills scattered on the lawn. Needless to say, I am contributing to the downfall of the post office.

momtolucas2002
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I pay everything online including my mortgage.  I pay my offering to the church, my sons milk money and my donation to the food bank all electronically.  So much easier takes me 5 minutes to pay bills and be done with it.  I have checks but they have not been used since we bought this house in August only used them to pay rent before.  I know how to pay by check been paying bills for over 20 years just like paying this way now. Don't have to worry about a check being lost in the mail or delayed in the mail.  Many years ago a bill was lost at the post office they found it 4 years later behind a machine.  Because of their mistake I had to pay a late fee.  I have never had any issues since I have been paying online.  Sure something could happen online but it is rare if you have proper security measures on your computer. 

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting ncmommy58:

I do both..mail and online...

babies
pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)