Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There came a knocking at my door....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  • 47 Replies

A knock on the door just  awhile a go and who could it be? MORMANS! I've never had them knock at my door, usually its JW. My b/f answered and they were talking to him about marriage, he said well I'm not married and the guy started talking to him about god.... I was standing in the background and wanted so badly to say something like "we are atheist in here, and not married, so I guess we are going to your hell..." .... Well, thats what I wanted to say. We are "nice" people and didn't want to be mean and rude so we just let the guy talk and when he tried to give us his pamplet, I just shook my head no and b/f was like give it to some one who will read it, prolly wont get read here.

We haven't gotten any religious knockings at our door yet here, and been a long time since. Kinda startled us, lol.

What would you have done/said? (note: really need to get the paint off the peep hole, lol... damn maintence.)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grammarpolice
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM

When any religious people come to the door, I just say, "no, thank you" and close the door.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM

bump

emt088

im usually nice and say things like "im sorry, but my faith lies elsewhere and will listen politely if the have the time or turn them away if I dont. Last time DH answered the door, he stripped down naked and then answered the door.... FML lol

kk_bella

I would have said, Oh goodie, I won't need to buy any rolling papers for a while. Thanks!

lovinmystar
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I'm usually home by myself with DD during the day, so I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting somebody.

Chaotic_Rayne

Quoting grammarpolice:

When any religious people come to the door, I just say, "no, thank you" and close the door.

We should have done that, but NOOOO my b/f has to stand there with the door open, trying to heat up the outside, lol

Love the s/n btw, made me lol.

briana_paige

I would be nice to them. They are just doing what they feel is right for their religion. I would tell them I'm not interested but still listen to what little they had to say. As long as they didn't start overstaying their welcome.

MOTHERBEAR6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM

HEHEHE, I just break out my tarot cards while there here, And them if they want a reading.  But when I was in Fl. I never messed with them. I knew them all from an older friend. They would usually stop by to talk with Dh about paint ball and cars and stuff they had questions on. If Dh was not home and I was working in the yard they would help me out. But here ya I love messing with them, and door to door sales people!

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Puppy 2  This isone of the BEST excuses to have a house dog. Just one bark or yap, and the knockers usually walk on by.  

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Quoting kk_bella:

I would have said, Oh goodie, I won't need to buy any rolling papers for a while. Thanks!

LMAO! Will have to keep that one in mind! Eventhough I don't smoke, thats funny!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)