Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's afraid of the ghost!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

My 3yo daughter was just goin potty (shes been potty trained for almost a year now) and she likes to shut the door to the bathroom, well anyway she was doin her thing and our light in the bathroom went out. she started screamin so we ran in there and she was saying how a ghost was in there and he turned off the light

so my question is, since she is REFUSING to go back in there, even with me, to take a shower, how do I get her to go back in the bathroom to go potty, bath, or whatever.

I've already tried explaining to her that there is no ghost in there, and that daddy fixed the light

briefcaseDo you have a Blackberry? Love free themes? Do you want more ladies to talk to on your BB messenger? CLICK HERE to join Blackberry Addicts! on phone

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM

You need some white face paint. for both of you, so she can see you both looking like ghosts and know ghosts can be fun. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
mobilemom0608
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM

yeah, but there is no ghost, the light just went out.. I see what your saying though

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

You need some white face paint. for both of you, so she can see you both looking like ghosts and know ghosts can be fun. 

briefcaseDo you have a Blackberry? Love free themes? Do you want more ladies to talk to on your BB messenger? CLICK HERE to join Blackberry Addicts! on phone

Christinamm
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Make up a bottle of Ghost Away, (water in a spray bottle) and let her stand at the door while you spray EVERYWHERE!

kndmom75
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM

show her you can have fun in the dark.  Get her some little glow sticks or something and say they are magic.  I got a pack of about 15 or 20 bracelets that glow in the dark for $1.  Until she can really understand it was just the light she maybe ok going in there with something she thinks will protect her from the "ghost" or show her it's fun in there in the dark, not something to be scared of.  I know some bathrooms don't have windows so it can be really dark and scarier than other rooms when the lights are out so make sure it's in the bathroom that you have fun in the dark.

mobilemom0608
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM

oo that's a good idea.. thanks...

Quoting Christinamm:

Make up a bottle of Ghost Away, (water in a spray bottle) and let her stand at the door while you spray EVERYWHERE!

mobilemom0608
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM

did it work for you?

Quoting kndmom75:

show her you can have fun in the dark.  Get her some little glow sticks or something and say they are magic.  I got a pack of about 15 or 20 bracelets that glow in the dark for $1.  Until she can really understand it was just the light she maybe ok going in there with something she thinks will protect her from the "ghost" or show her it's fun in there in the dark, not something to be scared of.  I know some bathrooms don't have windows so it can be really dark and scarier than other rooms when the lights are out so make sure it's in the bathroom that you have fun in the dark.

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM

LOVE YOUR GHOST AWAY IDEA! 

Christinamm
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I had to use Monster Away with DD a year or so ago.  She was determined that there was a monster in her room at night.  So for a couple of nights I had to 'spray' so the monsters couldn't come in... 

kndmom75
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM

It's just a thought, neither of mine are scared of much, heck they watch The Shining and such.  I just got them for when they have sleep overs and go on their little hunts in the dark in the basement.  It's just something that gives off a little glow, enough she could see a bit in the dark, when you playing in there to show her it's nothing to be scared of.  I think the ghost away thing is good as well.  You could do that before you go in and play in the dark,  so that way if the lights ever do go off on her again, she'll know what is in there in the dark and know that she is ok.

Quoting mobilemom0608:

did it work for you?

Quoting kndmom75:

.Mad.Hatter.
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM

ugh my son is always telling me he sees people and it freaks me out!

I might have to try this ghost away thing... Ive told him to tell them they need to leave, but he just turns around and says they are still there.

one time it was a "ghost cat" and he was just sitting there looking around like he was watching a cat running around.... seriously?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)