Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you on a diet...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have changed from fast food to the Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine dinners and they are really good, they do not taste like your typical gross TV dinner. My favorite so far is the cabbage roll. Hopefully this helps someone.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I agree, Lean Cuisine is good. Just takes you a while to adjust to the proper portions. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
guess_who_wit_6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I have a freezer full of healthy choice right now. And fast food isn't bad you just have to know what to get. Like BK is my FAVORITE fast food place. I don't get a whopper anymore. I get the grilled chicken. I don't get fries I get onion rings or side salad. I don't get soda I get the light Lemonade. But the Healthy Choice I can't wait comes to my area is the Lobster Ravioli

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Mm i'm not on a diet but I admit sometimes I buy the Weight Watchers desserts..  Those things are heavenly!

luv2wahm
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I have been eating them as well..I take a weeks worth to work and keep them in the freezer...it takes as much time to pop on in the microwave as it does to go get a burger...plus I will just bring a salad from home..and the meal is complete..I stay fuller longer and I don't have cravings from all the sweets like I used to.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM

That is a very good point.

350 cal for a delicious healthy variety meal or 600 cal for a greasy ass cheeseburger and a large fry? $2.50 for the TV dinner or $6-8 for a value meal? Hmmm... makes sense to me.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Mm i'm not on a diet but I admit sometimes I buy the Weight Watchers desserts..  Those things are heavenly!

the cookie dough and the brownie a la mode... *drools*

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I agree I feel fuller. I had the cabbage roll today and only ate half the potatoes that were with it and about 4 small apple slices and water and I feel like I have had a big mac and fries.

Quoting luv2wahm:

I have been eating them as well..I take a weeks worth to work and keep them in the freezer...it takes as much time to pop on in the microwave as it does to go get a burger...plus I will just bring a salad from home..and the meal is complete..I stay fuller longer and I don't have cravings from all the sweets like I used to.

Sersokhi
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I don't eat those. They aren't as nutritional as I need. I need about 1700-2000 calories a day just to be able to workout. I also need a lot more protein than those deliver. 

They also have way to much sodium in them. That will make you retain water and bloat up. :\

Imo, get a george forman, grill up chicken breasts and eat veggies! 

Be sure to drink 8-12 glasses of water a day too! That's the BEST way to help you body out.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I have not had this problem, in fact it has had the opposite affect on me :)

Quoting Sersokhi:

I don't eat those. They aren't as nutritional as I need. I need about 1700-2000 calories a day just to be able to workout. I also need a lot more protein than those deliver. 

They also have way to much sodium in them. That will make you retain water and bloat up. :\

Imo, get a george forman, grill up chicken breasts and eat veggies! 

Be sure to drink 8-12 glasses of water a day too! That's the BEST way to help you body out.

Sersokhi
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM

That's awesome! lol Wish my body was like that! lol. I can say when I was a little heavier I didn't notice it. But I'm down to 15% body fat and I definitely do now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)