Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies help...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son has a flat spot on one side of his head and his forehead sticks out a bit further on one side then the other, its not terrible noticible except for the flatness int he back. hes 6 months old and his Pedi said we can get it fix with a helmet....anyone's kids have this...can you post pictures. Im getting kinda neverous about all the stares becasue im not one that will hold my tounge when i comes to my beautiful kids.

Here's my Handsom 6 month old boy Greyson Cole Younger!

arguingWife to Aaron

Mommy to Audrey Kate 5/23/06toddler girl and Greyson Cole 8/18/09baby boy

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Audreys_Mommmy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

BUMP

arguingWife to Aaron

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM

My daughter's head was a bit flat. Luckily it got better on it's own.

A girl I know, her son is suppose to wear a helmet.. though I never see it on him.

pageantgirl3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM

The helmet is only for sleeping for my understanding. My sons head got flat in the back but it fixed itself. If they recommend the helmet, I would get it.

Audreys_Mommmy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Oh i didnt know it was just for sleeping. Man i can see thse being some longs nights lol.

Quoting pageantgirl3:

The helmet is only for sleeping for my understanding. My sons head got flat in the back but it fixed itself. If they recommend the helmet, I would get it.

arguingWife to Aaron

pageantgirl3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:02 PM

A friend had it for her son and she said it was pretty comfortable and the baby slept better. If not, I'm sure he'll get used to it. It's better to have it and make sure your LOs head fixes than for him to one side flat and the other not, IMO. Good luck though!

Quoting Audreys_Mommmy:

Oh i didnt know it was just for sleeping. Man i can see thse being some longs nights lol.

Quoting pageantgirl3:

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I am not sure if it is just for sleeping or not. Try google-ing it and see what comes up. Maybe it will put you at ease!

WAmomof4
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM

My daughter has a flat area on the back left side of her head. She has a medical condition that made her head stay to the left which in turn made her end up having a flat spot. Her physical therapist said she needed a helmet and has to wear it 23 hours a day but her pedi said that she didn't feel it was nessasary and that her head would return close to the normal shape. Now at 19 months old her head is starting to go to its normal shape and isn't as flat as it once was.

Audreys_Mommmy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Im just afraid his skull bones will fuse together before his head is normal. so were gonna go to  seattle childrens hospital hopfully pretty soon so we can get his head checked out.

Quoting WAmomof4:

My daughter has a flat area on the back left side of her head. She has a medical condition that made her head stay to the left which in turn made her end up having a flat spot. Her physical therapist said she needed a helmet and has to wear it 23 hours a day but her pedi said that she didn't feel it was nessasary and that her head would return close to the normal shape. Now at 19 months old her head is starting to go to its normal shape and isn't as flat as it once was.

arguingWife to Aaron

IhrkeGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM

a friend had this problem. the dr. told her that she would need to wear the helmet 24x7 with just a couple hours off a day to fix it. it comes from the baby spending too much time with the flat part of their head on a hard surface like laying on it in the crib or on the floor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)