Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband wants to join the Air Force. Air force moms/wives, any advice?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just want to know what to expect, before we make this decision. Would he be gone ALL the time, and deployed for months like the other branches on the military?

What should i expect??

Thanks in advance!

save the date

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Robin_Ayla
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM

bump :(

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM

my fiance was in the air force for 9 years, his longest deployment was 3 months...I'm not sure if it has changed now (he got out in 2007). here's a bump for you

C.Gypsy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM

There is no sure answer to that...my brother joined the Air Force about a year ago and they sent him straight to Guam... There is always a change of deployment, and if he doesn't like the idea of being deployed, he shouldn't join in the first place.

In my opinion, the Air Force is the best branch to join. (Not bashing the other branches)

Robin_Ayla
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Its not him not WANTING to be deployed, its me, to be honest. I just wanted to see how it worked out for ladies that have or already been through it. Im kinda scared. lol

Quoting C.Gypsy:

There is no sure answer to that...my brother joined the Air Force about a year ago and they sent him straight to Guam... There is always a change of deployment, and if he doesn't like the idea of being deployed, he shouldn't join in the first place.

In my opinion, the Air Force is the best branch to join. (Not bashing the other branches)

save the date

BigMamaHeidi
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I was in the Air Force. I deployed for all of 93 days. My regular duty station was Beale Air Force Base, California. (Pray he doesnt get Beale, its way out in the boonies, an hour from shopping, culture and civilization).

Susan0805
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM

It depends on his job...my husband has went away for short times for tdys and training but in the 6 years of active duty he hasnt deployed yet. Yet some of our friends deploy all the time. Just depends on his job.

Oh and I was active duty too and I didnt deploy. My job didnt deploy all the time, and they took volunteers first so by the time I found out about it it was usually already filled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)