Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This should be a good night......

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

Because DH is taking a 12 hour shift(9pm-9am) for CQ from one of the other guys in his unit for $100.  LOL  And; he's pretty much been an asshole since coming out of the field on Thursday....compliments of detoxing from alcohol.  I told him last sunday(happy v-day I guess) that the drinking had to stop...I was sick of the boys and I coming after it.  So....he quit cold turkey.  Withdrawl is a BITCH.

But, he is doing duty, and my friend  Jake is on his way over to use our deep fryer for his dinner...and he's bringing me a cappucino and we're gonna watch Zombieland after my kiddos go to bed.  It will be nice to be around someone I don't have to walk on eggshells around.  LOL

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mobilemom0608
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM

if your hubby has quit cold turkey, would he care that he comes home to another man watching a movie with his wife?

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Quoting mobilemom0608:

if your hubby has quit cold turkey, would he care that he comes home to another man watching a movie with his wife?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the guy is gay! (Nothing against that... I am just saying)

college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM

You read my mind, thats what I was thinking.  I know if my husband gave up something cold turkey I would be more trying to help comfort him and make him happy, and not inviting a guy over to watch movies while he was at work.  JMO

Quoting mobilemom0608:

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
mobilemom0608
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

true,. maybe he IS gay.., OP... lol we wanna know! lol

Quoting Chey_s_Mommy:

Quoting mobilemom0608:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the guy is gay! (Nothing against that... I am just saying)

briefcaseDo you have a Blackberry? Love free themes? Do you want more ladies to talk to on your BB messenger? CLICK HERE to join Blackberry Addicts! on phone

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Not meaning to sound rude, at all! But, I think it's sad that you're looking forward to spending your evening with another man rather than your hubby, hope things get better for you!!

kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I'm not even sure what to say, doll. Good luck.

JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Nope...Jake isn't gay.  LOL  And hubby knows that he's coming over.  He's over all the time.  even DH refers to him as our illegitimate child.  LOL  Jake and I have been friends(and NEVER EVER EVER anything more) for longer than I've known DH.  He knows that and trusts me.  Hell, hubs is the one that gave Jake the spare key to our house. :-P  LOL

And honestly yup, my marriage is at the point I am looking forward to spending time watching a movie with another guy.  But, like you said pluz-size; I'm hoping things gets better too. 

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Thanks for not taking my comment as being rude, I've been there trust me. I'm sorry things have come down to this point.

Quoting JenB1983:

Nope...Jake isn't gay.  LOL  And hubby knows that he's coming over.  He's over all the time.  even DH refers to him as our illegitimate child.  LOL  Jake and I have been friends(and NEVER EVER EVER anything more) for longer than I've known DH.  He knows that and trusts me.  Hell, hubs is the one that gave Jake the spare key to our house. :-P  LOL

And honestly yup, my marriage is at the point I am looking forward to spending time watching a movie with another guy.  But, like you said pluz-size; I'm hoping things gets better too. 

amber0678
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM

i  dont think having dinner and watchin movies with another man who's company u obviously enjoy more than your husbands, is a good idea at all....jmo. not something my husband would be cool with...and i wouldnt be either if the roles were reversed.

JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Quoting amber0678:

i  dont think having dinner and watchin movies with another man who's company u obviously enjoy more than your husbands, is a good idea at all....jmo. not something my husband would be cool with...and i wouldnt be either if the roles were reversed.

I'm not eating with him....he's using our deep fryer for his dinner.  We ate as a family a couple hours ago.

And, as I stated before; my husband is FINE with it.  He knows Jake; he trusts Jake...and, most importantly he trusts ME.  It's normal for him to come home from work and Jake will be either on the couch our a tthe computer(DH hasn't been getting home until late).  That, and he knows that I do need adult interaction.  LOL  So when he's out in the field, or has duty(like he's doing tonight); he likes knowing that I'm not sitting in our house bored out of my mind.

Oh, and if he had a female that he had been friends with befor eI came around...I would NEVER expect him to give her up.  So long as they were JUST friends(like Jake and I)

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)