Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I admit it.. I learned something from CM (and changed my ways)...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 37 Replies

Okay so normally everyone is so busy arguing that we don't get to find out if anyone changed their views or not.

So, I'm going to be the first to admit... the extended rear facing nazis have changed my views. They've educated me, and I've changed my horrible car seat ways.

They didn't get me to change my mind by being bitches. The one who changed my mind actually was VERY rude at first, so I told her straight up.. be a bitch and your message is lost.. so she chilled out a little bit.. she posted HELPFUL information and stopped focusing on the NEGATIVE (at least for that post??) and I read what she had to say.

I'm not an ERF convert, though. I kept bitching that I "couldn't afford an expensive booster seat that goes up to 100lbs", but guess what? They were less than $60 each!!

Instead, I got them both 5-point harness seats that go up to 100lbs. They are safe, comfortable, and forward facing. ERF them in my van would not be as safe, IMO, so they are still FF... but I just thought I'd share that if you'd chill the fuck out and post helpful info rather than NEGATIVE-you're-a-bad-mom-if-you-don't-do-it-my-way-info (this goes for ERF, breastfeeding, vaccinations, and more), you WILL eventually change minds.. help moms.. and SAVE LIVES.

If you have a cause that is close to your heart, spread information THE RIGHT WAY -- not the "you're a bad mom if you don't do this" way.

So, long story short.. I wanted to say THANK YOU. :)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:30 PM

*thumbs up*

I didn't turn my daughter back around but I will keep her in a five point harness as long as possible, then in a HBB. And I'm ERFing my son :)

TinaN64
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Exactly... "Be a bitch and your message is lost"...  Explain don't berate.

TamlynM2B
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM

i found alot of stuff in there forum very helpful but l wouldnt read anything that seemed to be bitching at me

college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I agree, I wont be ERF, but I will be EH.  I know that ERF works for many many many many families, and I am not putting them down, it just isnt for us. 

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
manamott
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM

My next child will be ERF...my other two were not. I can't turn around my 17 month old back to RF because it won't fit in my tiny ass car that way (little two door Courgar). But when we have our third next year sometime we will be getting a bigger vehicle and I will ERF my new one until at least two. Cafemom changed my mind too!!! :)

Jcorris
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

good

jrp0606
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I'm a  CPST - and I sometimes get offended by the way some advocates talk.

I hope I never come across like that.

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM

One of the advocates actually posted something similar to this this morning!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/10865779/To_ALL_ERF_EH_advocates

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Exactly, but I had already decided on EH before CM.

Quoting college.mom:

I agree, I wont be ERF, but I will be EH.  I know that ERF works for many many many many families, and I am not putting them down, it just isnt for us. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting krystlzd3:

Exactly, but I had already decided on EH before CM.

Quoting college.mom:

As did I, my girls are so small though, I am sure they will be EH until they turn 18 haha.

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)