Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 month old still eats baby food

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

Is this normal?

I try to give her some of what we eat but she has no interest.

Also I am scared to death of her choking. She is now starting to be able to chew those gerber puff things on her own.

Shes growing fine, just everyone elses kiddos are eating grown up food by now! lol *Sighs*

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Crystallynn
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:46 PM

dont rush her.... maybe she just has a higher gag reflex, or maybe it is the texture of the food she doesnt like.  Keep Trying.  and really- no one ever started school on baby food.....LOL... As long as she is still growing and is healthy, she will be fine.  You are doing a good job- keep it up!

sunshine21pa
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Thanks!! She hates the "meat baby food" I just ate giving her a jar of fruit or veggies for dinner at her age.. 

Crystallynn
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:55 PM

as gross as they are....LOL... have you tried the vienna sausages?  When my son was little he wouldnt eat the meat food either but he loved those nasty sausages.  he is 9 now and he still begs for them...ewwwww.....LOL- that should be mushy enough for her to chew but you could still cut it into chunks that she could pick up.  My dd didnt have any teeth until after she turned one, I think she was mostly on baby food until she was about 15-17 months old too- they can only "gum" so much.....LOL

sunshine21pa
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Do you mean those hotdog looking things? lol...No I have never tried giving her that lol...I tried mashed potatoes and she hated that.

elly25
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Maybe it's a texture thing for your child.Every child is different.

My son would never touch the stuff.He didn't like any jar baby food or anything that didn't come off of my plate.So I would smush up what ever I was eating and give it to him.My daughter on the other hand would only eat jar baby food.Unless it was fruit that I smashed up.She wanted nothing to do with table food.Not until she was a little over one.Around your child's age.

owls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)