Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cooking momma's ???

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need a creative recipe.. something really good, that does not involve hamburger..I'm  so tired of hamburger.. lol..

He's the catch, I have a stove, but my oven is broken..

So I can't bake anything..

HELP lol

Start Date: November 3rd, 2009

Updated: February 6th, 2010

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pellen
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Pan grilled chicken, stuffed with Bleu Cheese.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when nessesary, southern country living type of Momma!

SurvivingMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM

thankyou..bump

mrs.bug
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Chicken stir fry with vegetables.

allurasmamma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM

fried chicken...and then what ever you can do with it.

Chicken parm? With pasta sause and the chicken?

I wrap the chicken in eggs, then flour and recipe then wrap in crushed corn flakes, it comes out so crispy yet juicy it can go with anything. You can fry up sandwiches or do it with just plain fry in oil then do a chicken noodle casserole. stove top style.

starrymonkey
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I have a great recipe if you have any sort of grill or grill pan... (though I'm sure you don't actually need one)

Boneless Ribeye (or whatever kind of steak you want) & Chimichurri:

Ingredients:

• 2 boneless rib eye steaks (again, doesn't have to be rib eye)
  • EVOO
  • McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 4 stems fresh oregano, stripped of leaves
  • 5 sprigs fresh sage leaves, stripped
  • 6 stems fresh thyme leaves, stripped
  • generous handful of fresh flat leave parsley
  • 2 garlic cloves, popped from their skins
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup EVOO (aside from previous EVOO listed)
  • 2 large slices crusty bread (chibata bread is great for this)

Instructions

• Pat the steaks dry, drizzle both sizes with EVOO, then season them with steak seasoning. (preheat grill)
  • Prepare the Chimichurri:  Pile herbs together and finely chop.  Coarsely chop garlic cloves, add to herbs, mill together, and chop even finer (I use a mini- food processor).  Transfer to small bol.  Add lemon zest, red wine vinegar, a splash of water, and the 1/3 cup of EVOO, stir to combine.
  • Cook the steaks to your prefrance.  
  • Place bread on plates, place each steak on a slice of bread.  Top the steaks with the Chimichurri.  
  • Wait a few moments for the juices to redistribute into the bread, and enjoy!

CafeMom Tickers 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Fried chicken w/ mashed potatoes and a veggie

Chicken stir fry w/ veggies and rice

Chicken tacos

Crispy chicken wraps.  I usually use the boneless chicken tenders.  I season them with chicken batter then fry them.  Use the wraps and add lettuce, cheese and ranch dressing.  Yum!  Kinda like the ones @ McD's!

jrp0606
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/alpine_mushroom_pasta.html

I usually serve grilled chicken with this to keep my hubby happy - its a firm favorite with anyone who has tried it.

Alpine Mushroom Pasta

From EatingWell:  March/April 2009 - Subscribe to EatingWell Magazine Today!

Alpine Mushroom Pasta Recipe

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

CAarmywife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM

chicken piccata. i fry it on the stove and then put it in the oven in its juice but u could do it all on the stove.
country fried steak
chicken fingers

b_rod
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Chicken alfredo is soo freakin easy.

jrp0606
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Or what about Chicken Noodle soup - thats what we are having for dinner.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_noodle_soup_with_dill.html

Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill

From EatingWell:  Winter 2004, The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004) - Subscribe to EatingWell Magazine Today!

Chicken noodle soup is undeniably comfort food for many people (especially when they're not feeling well) and this version gets a healthful update. Whole-wheat egg noodles add fiber and nutrients and reduced-sodium chicken broth cuts the sodium. By all means use homemade chicken broth if you have it.

Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill Recipe

6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each

Active Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Ingredients

• 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 medium carrots, diced
  • 1 large stalk celery, diced
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles, (3 cups)
  • 4 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast, (about 1 pound; see Tip)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste

Preparation

1. Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, ginger and garlic; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
  2. Add noodles and chicken; simmer until the noodles are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in dill and lemon juice.

Tips & Notes

• Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
  • Tip: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.

Nutrition

Per serving: 267 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 90 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 38 g protein; 2 g fiber; 329 mg sodium; 330 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (104% daily value).

1 Carbohydrate Serving

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)