Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH..this bank transition or whatever it is is royally pissing me off! **foul language..sorry**

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

So the bank i bank with went under last year and another bank from another state bought them out.  We were told then nothing would change..everything would remain the same..same bank different name. Sort of deal.

Well last month in comes this thick ass book. Explaining new shit, new rules, new everything! Instead of unlimited number of savings to checking and checking to savings transfers you can only do 6. After 6 you get penalized 4.50 for every transfer made.  If you lose your check card or its stolen its going to cost 7.50 instead of it being free like before, Instead of having a free savings account  like i have had for years  if you dont' have x amount in there you need to set up a automatic payment each month or face a penalty of 14.00! When i called asking about this they said these are the accounts that closely match what we orginally had. NO THEY DON"T FUCKERHEADS!

Our checking and savings account numbers are changing..they told us then that we don't have to worry about deposits and withdrawals that are automatic they will do that for us and we will still have our money and our payments made on time.Well with todays events and with all the other bullshit lies i doubt that is true. My DH gets paid next week and they better hope it comes in. Well anyway continuing on to what really pushed me over the edge with this banking transition bullcrap..

We were told that this transition would take effect on Friday the 19th. That you would still have access to your monies and still be able to use your old checkcard until the 23rd of march.

Well the transition started and immediately lost access to my accounts. I called. they said that the information will be back up and running Monday. My check card does not work! Neither does my moms or dads. We were told we have to use our new one..NEWSFLASH PEOPLE I haven't received the new one yet! And what happened with the March 23rd date? They said it was a glitch in the system and they are trying to fix it but it may take until Monday! They said you could still write checks..so I tried a check but it won't work due to them transitioning over and the machine not recongizing the whatever it has to recognize.. They said when i called that some accounts are going offline but will be back up and running shortly. 

THEY NEVER TOLD US THIS SHIT! I am so pissed. I can't access my money at all. Checks aren't going through the machines..my check card isn't working it gets a invalid bank code, and i am still waiting for them to mail me my new card.

FUCKING SUCKS!!! I think Monday i may switch to another bank. I am hopeful i can switch to USAA but since my DH is active reserves i don't think we would qualify..would we? Until then i hope nothing happens where i need access to cash or credit card it is!

The crappy thing is they still have yet to issue the new routing and checking and savings account numbers. I have no idea what they are. So yeah i better still get my paychecks and my paymetns to my car and house better come out on time because if not they have some explaining and paying of fines and whatever to do!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brfischer79
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I would definitely transfer to another bank...........

babybull0601
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM

We had WAMU and then Chase bought them. Chase did the same freaking thing. Nothing will change it will all be the same. And then we get things in  the mail telling us they changed this and that. It seems like every couple of months they do this. Bastards. I really hate banking with Chase.  So now we are thinking about maybe a credit union.

1stTimeMama2010
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:39 PM

you can go with usaa even if he is reserves. my bil did it.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Quoting 1stTimeMama2010:

you can go with usaa even if he is reserves. my bil did it.

that is EXCELLENT news!

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM

you can switch to USAA, even veterans can switch to them

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM

if you can go with a credit union I would... the gen. offer better terms, much less bs, and um... they didn't go down and stayed safe for a reason.

I LOVE my credit union and have had to deal with NO bs while everyone else around me has had the same headaches.

oh and most offer better credit cards too and loans etc.etc.etc.

Good luck, sorry you are going through this and I truly hope/wish that there is a way to majorily complain and get something back for all the hassles you are having to deal with...

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM

do i need my checking and savings and routing numbers to switch? Because this new bank hasn't released that info so i have no idea what my new account information is. Shit i don't even know what my new checkcard number is because they haven't even mailed it to me.

im23vaughn
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I would start shopping for a new bank too. That is just crazy.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM

thats not all of it. They closed down yesterday at 3. So there is noone at the banks locally. Well there are people there but they are panting it blue and making it look like the new bank or whatever it is they are doing.

Noone knew they were closing early either. You only knew if you went to the bank because they had signs on the doors but if you only go there on Fridays to cash your checks you woudln't know because these signs didn't go up until Tuesday.

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM

if you want to do a direct transfer then yes...especially with USAA, otherwise you have to mail the money in

Quoting alexhuntercody:

do i need my checking and savings and routing numbers to switch? Because this new bank hasn't released that info so i have no idea what my new account information is. Shit i don't even know what my new checkcard number is because they haven't even mailed it to me.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)