Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thread locking vs. thread taken down

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I see where some threads are locked and no further comments can be made, but several times lately threads have been taken down.  The "Sorry, you've reached this page in error" comment appears.  What is the difference b/w a thread being locked and one taken down?  Are the ones taken down done so at the OP's request while the ones locked are done so at the moderator's discretion?  It seems like several of the threads I've been following have been taken down.  It's similar to watching a movie until almost the end and then the movie just being cut off and you have no idea how it ended.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I dont know why its done but it gets on my ever loving nerves when a post is taken down.

hautemama83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

From my understanding a post is locked if a bitchfest is going on, and they get deleted  usually if the OP is against TOS. Now if I am wrong someone feel free to correct me lol.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Sounds about right to me  :) 

Quoting hautemama83:

From my understanding a post is locked if a bitchfest is going on, and they get deleted  usually if the OP is against TOS. Now if I am wrong someone feel free to correct me lol.

MrsReesca17
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM

You're right.

Quoting hautemama83:

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I want to know what happened with that post too....that's the cat one right?

MommyToEthan
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM

also, the OP can delete their own post.......

Quoting MrsReesca17:

You're right.

Quoting hautemama83:

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)