Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are currently Collecting Unemployment in CA please.....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

How long is it taking for you to get your checks? And did you win an appeal? If so how long did it take from the decision to your check issue? I need timeline help please EDD won't give me anything. They have a phone line full of people who can't answer anything.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM

bump

hautemama83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

They have all of that info on their website. Oh and if you win an appeal, they will send you a noticed telling you you won, and in how long to expect your check. Which usually takes about 6-8 weeks to get.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

NavyWifey122305
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I just applied 2 days ago and they said i would something back in 3-5 buisness days. so Im further behind on the process then you are LOL .  But i would like to know about how long it takes to.

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I got my notice of appeals decision 3 weeks ago saying I won. EDD still hasnt sent me a check. And to get information from EDD you have to actually go out and find a job search center and ask someone there to check the status (if that locationa actually can do it) Its saturday and none are open. And there is like, NO information of use on their website.

Quoting hautemama83:

They have all of that info on their website. Oh and if you win an appeal, they will send you a noticed telling you you won, and in how long to expect your check. Which usually takes about 6-8 weeks to get.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:08 PM

its going to take a few weeks for your info. Then over a month for your phone appointment, then over a month to get your first check if they aprove you. So about 3 months. Ive waited 4 so far and looks like another one for me. I need to pay bills.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

I just applied 2 days ago and they said i would something back in 3-5 buisness days. so Im further behind on the process then you are LOL .  But i would like to know about how long it takes to.

hautemama83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM

You can also call their 800 number and find out if your check has been sent out yet. And actually any office I have ever been into tells you to call that number, so going to an office does no good. I cant imagine its different in other parts of the state. Now I do know that in order for them to even send you a check you have to fill out and return the claim form which they also should have sent you. After you fill it out and return you should have you check with in 10 days, anything longer and you need to call the office.

ETA that you can also send them an email. The link for that is on their website

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I got my notice of appeals decision 3 weeks ago saying I won. EDD still hasnt sent me a check. And to get information from EDD you have to actually go out and find a job search center and ask someone there to check the status (if that locationa actually can do it) Its saturday and none are open. And there is like, NO information of use on their website.

Quoting hautemama83:

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)