Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please! I need serious help!!!! ASAP!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

Have any of u ever had to kick out a family member? (living with you) My brother is 19 and lives with me in Florida. He and I are from NC. There were NO jobs there, and he had no where to live....no car, no license ect. So, I offered to let him come here and we tried to help him out. Its just not working anymore. Its been since October......and...I just need him to go home. But I dont know where he will go. I am NOT the kind of sister who will throw him in the street. Sorry. I need some ideas..............because he has MAJOR behavior problems and I cant talk to him like an adult....(i cant just say get the F out)...I need some kind of plan..........UGH.....how did u do it without causing MAJOR problems in your family?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ethansmom309
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I'm sorry. I've never had to deal with something like that but I hope things work out well for you! Good luck!

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM

sit down with him and say look if you have friends or something u need to find somewhere else to live i love you to death but this isnt working out you need to go im giving you 30 days

JPORTER2208
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM

My 19 year old sis lived with us but we didn't tell her to move out...she just left because she didn't like the rules in the house.  We still have all her crap here but haven't seen her for months.  Sorry I can't help...i have no idea

Sarahb21
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Do you live in a house, an apartment, rental property? My friend lives in a mobile home. The park she is in has very strict rules. Her mom and brother over the years kind of moved on in slowly and took over. So she had 4 adults and 3 kids in a 3 bedroom mobile home! She didn't really have the guts to tell them she needed her house back. So she had her friend copy a piece of the Parks letterhead and write a letter from them saying that they knew she had people living there that shouldn't be and they needed to vacate within 2 weeks. It worked. :) Maybe you can do something like that....

airforewifenmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

If he had somewhere to go it wouldnt be so hard...kwim? He was homeless.......that is how he got to live here.......ugh

airforewifenmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Sarahb21:

Do you live in a house, an apartment, rental property? My friend lives in a mobile home. The park she is in has very strict rules. Her mom and brother over the years kind of moved on in slowly and took over. So she had 4 adults and 3 kids in a 3 bedroom mobile home! She didn't really have the guts to tell them she needed her house back. So she had her friend copy a piece of the Parks letterhead and write a letter from them saying that they knew she had people living there that shouldn't be and they needed to vacate within 2 weeks. It worked. :) Maybe you can do something like that....

hm

blondieblue2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Quoting mommam58122:

sit down with him and say look if you have friends or something u need to find somewhere else to live i love you to death but this isnt working out you need to go im giving you 30 days

This is what we had to do with two of our grown kids that moved back home and then wouldn't get their acts together and become responsible.

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM

i was just thinking this isnt a bad idea

Quoting Sarahb21:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

ARE YOU AN ARMY WIVES FAN??? IF SO NEW SEASON STARTS APRIL 11

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM

It's hard but sometimes tough love is the only way to go.

Quoting mommam58122:

mother_of_JGM
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM

have a conversation with him, tell him  you love him and care about him but you are not doing him favors by enabling him, so tell him that if he wants he has X amount of time to find a job, save up and support himself or say too bad, I gave you the opportunity and you didnt take it.

I know it is hard especially when you are close with the person, but you are not doing them any favors by letting him stay with out doing anything to try to support himself. Some people have to hit rock bottom before they start moving up and changing their life. If not it is ruining  your family and putting them through things they shouldnt have to be put through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)