Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Raining Wasps!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM
  • 1 Replies

I am in my kitchen.  DH took the older two girls into town and I'm at home with the younger 4 (ages 5, 3, 1, and 1 1/2 weeks).  I'm cleaning the kitchen and living room up, when I hear a wasp.  No big deal.  We have been having a problem with a wasp or two fall from 'heaven' every once in a while.  We were never really sure where they were coming from.

Well, I see it on my counter, and it falls behind some things.  I'm not going to fish for it, because I'm allergic to the evil little creatures.  They make me swell up, turn purple and itch/burn like crazy. Okay, so I can deal with one.  Then I see another on the counter.   I then look up, and see close to 10 of them coming from out of the wall above my cabinets!  They are just pouring out!  Now I'm siting in my house, with wasps all over the walls (where I can't even reach, so I can't do anything anyway).  I have to wait for them to fall, so I can smash them.  :( 

It was beginning to turn into a bad day.  I was getting over it, and decided to clean.  I've found that when you think things can't get worse, wasps fill your house.  LOL!  At least I can now laugh at it.  Nothing else I can do. 

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Freaky. We had this problem last summer. We could not figure out where they were coming from. Here when DH was working on the kitchen, he gutted the top part of the wall to put insulation in, and missed a little spot.

Here they were coming in from the roof to our porch... YUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)