Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Major Snow Storm?!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

First off let me start by saying that I live in Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County.

Anyways. DH just called me from work all paranoid. Saying that people (employees and customers) are saying that there is supposedly a HUGE snow storm that they are predicting about 4 feet for the first week of March.

Now it's only Feb 20th, and I am not sure how to take this. A joke? Him over reacting? Etc.

Although he was dead serious and truly paranoid.

Sooo my question is . . . . . Anyone else hear this?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I am in ohio and haven't heard anything. I think he may be yanking your chain. that S word is a word people shutter at and get all freaked out over now. lol.

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM

i think it will change by then .... that's quit a prediction they are making.

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Someone just messaged me on facebook and said something about it is in the farmer's almanac.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Quoting Chey_s_Mommy:

Someone just messaged me on facebook and said something about it is in the farmer's almanac.

oh that thing. Well its not always accurate. I wouldn't worry about it. We in Ohio are going to be getting rain tomorrow. Last week they said it was going to be 4-8 inches of snow. lol! Things change and i think that farmers almanac is just a prediction. Where exactly is this big storm going to be coming from?

mamaraylene
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I live in West Virginia and they are saying the worst storm we have had yet will be coming starting Monday...they are saying atleast 2 feet.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Quoting mamaraylene:

I live in West Virginia and they are saying the worst storm we have had yet will be coming starting Monday...they are saying atleast 2 feet.

Really?

I am in SE ohio and we are getting rain Sunday and Monday. It was SUPPOSE to be snow but the forecast changed.

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

What's up with all these snow storms everywhere but here? LoL We are in Michigan and have had 1 really good snow fall this winter. Im not very happy about it! I want some snow =( 

Quoting mamaraylene:

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Quoting mamaraylene:

We just got 27 inches of snow here last week.

purplemoosemom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I heard a big snow storm sunday or monday....as in a few days from now, but that's the extent of what I've heard.  We're in Michigan.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Quoting MrsNewman:

What's up with all these snow storms everywhere but here? LoL We are in Michigan and have had 1 really good snow fall this winter. Im not very happy about it! I want some snow =( 

Quoting mamaraylene:

I think this winter has been crazy. The weather channel was talking about it last week. Places that are seeing snow and places that are seeing a ton of snow don't normally see it. And places that do aren't seeing it.

Like this year Denver CO has only saw 14.1 inches. They normally are much higher than that. (can't really remember the exact amount) but places like OKC has saw 20 and Dallas had 15 this year. Both have beat Denver for most snow. Those places normally see maybe 5 and 3 inches total for a winter season.And then there are places like the deep south that saw snow this year where its never snowed before!  And the next three months appears to be very cold deeper south so more could come their way to.

Crazy winter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)