Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH is up with all the CPS ?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • 48 Replies

serioulsy there has been mom after mom on here that has posted that someone has called CPS on them for stupid shit !

Why do people call on others for stupid shit ? you just get CPS busy with things they dont need to worry about meanwhile there are kids that they could be worrying about and saving !

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM

If I saw something that I thought warranted calling(despite how simple it may seem to others) I'd call and report it. Better safe than sorry.

blakie123
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

yep...i was at the park yesterday with  the lol and there was a 3 year old girl playing all by herself for 1 and a half hrs her mom sat in the car the whole time. i totatly should of called. all her teeth wrer rotten and  her hair was matted all in the back like she is confined to a crib or something.. it was sad sahe was the sweetest little girl we played with her for an hour and a half then left.. she was all by herself i felt sad for that poor girl  :(

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I can understand calling CPS on someone for something serious.  However, if you call for something stupid, or because you're mad at someone, I think you should go to jail!  You (in general) are potentially ruining lives.  Those children would be traumatized if taken away for no reason.  I can't imagine what they would go through!

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

mother_of_JGM
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Exactly my thoughts! If it is nothing then the parents have nothing to worry about and it is over but what if something really is going on, and you could have prevented it!

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

If I saw something that I thought warranted calling(despite how simple it may seem to others) I'd call and report it. Better safe than sorry.

in love     toddler boy     expecting boy

Bryan & Robin   Jack Gerard   William James
           8/16/08                      12/5/08                   4/3/10 or 4/14/10

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

because women are catty bitches.

Their first instinct when they see something they don't approve of is to call CPS.

Not that all calls are unwarrented, but the amount of "call cps" people fling around on here.. its mostlly just to make themselves feel superior.

mother_of_JGM
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM

why didnt you call? I know it is heart breaking but by standing by and doing nothing you are in part guilty for that childs situation.

Quoting blakie123:

yep...i was at the park yesterday with  the lol and there was a 3 year old girl playing all by herself for 1 and a half hrs her mom sat in the car the whole time. i totatly should of called. all her teeth wrer rotten and  her hair was matted all in the back like she is confined to a crib or something.. it was sad sahe was the sweetest little girl we played with her for an hour and a half then left.. she was all by herself i felt sad for that poor girl  :(

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

This is a typical post that I question.

I am 37 years old and have lived in and around Philadelphia most of my life. I have a 16 year old son and have probably come in contact with I would guess hundreds of children in the neighborhoods, playgrounds, schools etc.

Never once have I seen a child that i noticed that all their teeth were rotten.

Quoting blakie123:

manamott
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Agree...wasting time. It is traumatic. I am overly paranoid now. When CPS came to my house I cried the whole time they were there. It does not matter even if you KNOW you did nothing wrong. It is still scary. Any little thing and the love of your life could be gone. I am a good mother and CPS agreed and apologized for coming out but they said they had to (I understand that). It is the people calling for nothing that pisses me off...not CPS doing their job.

blakie123
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Quoting mother_of_JGM:

why didnt you call? I know it is heart breaking but by standing by and doing nothing you are in part guilty for that childs situation.

Quoting blakie123:

well the mom was in the car so it wasent nessiarly neglect it was just a shitty ass mom!!!

mother_of_JGM
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I am so sorry you feel that way, but it isnt true, there are those of us who are genuinely concerned and if there is no problem then no harm was done, but if there is a problem then it was a good thing someone was paying attention rather than letting an innocent child suffer in silence because often they dont have a voice of their own.

FYI, I have yet to actually call CPS on ANYONE yet, but I would not hesitate if I thought it needed to be done.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

because women are catty bitches.

Their first instinct when they see something they don't approve of is to call CPS.

Not that all calls are unwarrented, but the amount of "call cps" people fling around on here.. its mostlly just to make themselves feel superior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)