Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent about potty training...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

Alright.... So I sent my dad some new pictures of the kids, and Colten was in a diaper in one of the pictures. Hes 2 yrs old. Before I had the twins I figured I should at least try and start potty training him, make my life easier. He was about 16 -18 months old. He was doing AWESOME!!!! He even went poop in the potty a few times! I was soo happy and excited for him. But then the twins came, and he just STOPPED!!! I guess he wanted to be a baby again too? I dont know. Im still having trouble with getting him to even go. But I dont want to push it....Anyways. About 5-6 mins after I sent my dad the pictures of the kids, he called me and hes like "Why is colten STILL in diapers!?!?! He should be potty trained by now!! Are you just too lazy? Did you have too many kids to deal with this kinda stuff??" I was SOOOOOO shocked. My dad NEVER says stuff like to me. It seriously hurt my feelings. Well, I made a new friend down the road. Her daughter is 7 or 8. Every day we go over there, she says something about, ooh well my daughter was potty trained by this age.." Its really starting to get to me. ISo now, Im all crazy about getting colten potty trained because I feel like I failed him....like I am a bad mom. I dont even know if im asking for advice, or just to vent.  thanks for listening tho =)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
superflyinlove
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Stepdaughter is 2 1/2 and she is still not potty trained.  Don't worry about what other people are doing.  There are some moms on here with kids in school that still wet the bed.  Just worry about your son and whatever pace you and him want to go at.

Help Save little Sassy www.giveforward.org/sassy

I'm a 26 year old fun loving girl. I laugh all the time - sometimes hysterically. I'm Cuban and so is the object of my affection. I can dance salsa like a pro and I also love to sing.  I'm in love with the sexiest man alive and a dedicated stepmom to his 3 little kiddos.... sticking out tongue

... you don't like me?  that's ok!  i like me enough for the both of us.. Have a nice day :)

mommyto2girls00
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:31 PM

My daughter will be 3 in May and she's not potty trained... she was and then she saw her BFF still wears diapers so she regressed. It's sooo frustrating!

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM

My dd was 2 1/2 when she was potty trained.  I use the 3 day method.  I can send you the ebook if you like.  Just PM me with your email address. 

Every child is different.  You can't rush them on somethings.  You are not a bad mom.  I hate when people do what your friend and your dad are doing.  It isn't fair to compare kids to each other.

click to join in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)