Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your son in a tutu??

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you put your 1 year old on a tutu?

Options:

yes, just once its not a big deal and hes only one

no, I would hop in the car and get him some dress up stuff

I would not do either he can wear a tutu all the time if he likes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

My dd has a very large dress up collection of necklaces, bracelets, tiaras, tutus, and princess dresses. She asked me to take her things out so she could play. So I did. I helped her put on a pretty tutu, and shoes, and necklaces. Her little brother stood by looking left out, I don't know why I just didn't think of him when I was getting her dress up stuff. So he picked up my dd tutu, and siad "please" and put it on him. Hes such a little guy that he ran around in it looking everything but graceful like dd does. lol Stomping around like a little man. Dh is on the couch and looks up and this strange look gets on his face.I tell him Stevie wanted to dress up also, and so I put him on a tutu, I said next time we are out lets get him some dress up stuff. He looks at me then later hops up and leaves says hes going to the store. He comes back with a fire man costume and says "no more tutus for Stevie. Anywho I didn't realize that the tutu was such a big deal to him. If your son was standing in front of you holding a tutu would would you say "no your a boy". When hes only one and doesn't understand anyhow or just put him on the tutu and make a mental to get him some dress up clothes. SO what would you hae done?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer_236
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I would get him cowboys or cops something more for a boy

NavyWifey122305

I let my son dress up all the time in whatever he wants to. He is almost 3. if he wants to walk around in heals and a tutu so be it lol

he always is puttin on my heals and my bra's and walkin around hahha

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

savedbygrace316

We pretty much follow gender roles in this house.  I don't see anything wrong with putting your son in a tutu but I personally wouldn't do it.

CafeMom Tickers 

heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I would allow him to I dont think there is anything wrong with it kids love to dress up and I bought leftover coustumes from halloween for 75 percent off last year so they play with those. my son plays with girl dress up clothes

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I would get him his own dress up stuff.

roxy85
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I'd let him rock a tutu. I'd get some camo ribbon, black/green/tan tulle, and make one myself. When they're that little and innocent it really doesn't mean anything other than that things don't have gender assignments to them yet. Once he's older if he wanted to wear it I'd be able to explain that other people might not accept it, but he can do what he wants...

MommyToEthan
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM

if he wanted to play, i would let him.....   what's the big deal??

hell, he's my son wearing a princess crown.....LOL

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

roxy85

My oldest used to rock my purses around the house. Purse and flipflops like I always wore when we lived in Hawaii, haha...

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

I let my son dress up all the time in whatever he wants to. He is almost 3. if he wants to walk around in heals and a tutu so be it lol

he always is puttin on my heals and my bra's and walkin around hahha

baby development

NavyWifey122305

you rock !  totally on the same page as you LOL

Quoting roxy85:

I'd let him rock a tutu. I'd get some camo ribbon, black/green/tan tulle, and make one myself. When they're that little and innocent it really doesn't mean anything other than that things don't have gender assignments to them yet. Once he's older if he wanted to wear it I'd be able to explain that other people might not accept it, but he can do what he wants...

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

gulfcoastmom4

At a year old I don't see the big deal. Now if he was older I would get him a few boy things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)