Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cps overly called

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

when my ds was 1 yrsold, we were at k-mart.  i just pulled down an isle and my son started to choke, i tipped him upside down and started to pound his back (he was coughing up blood), there was a lady who got on her phone and called cps and the police.  store security stopped me from leaving and i had to wait for cps and everyone to show up.  when they did i had them check the cameras and they saw what had happened.  in my state if you call in a false report, you go to jail.  cps doesn't have the time for these calls.  so anyway, she ended up being arrested for calling.  i am sorry but if a child and you see the mom doing the back pound on him or her then you know what is going on.  

fyi:  he choked on a piece of plastic from a movie that my ex had put in the cart without me knowing.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psychmama
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Ok.

Sruiz05

Oh I would of so laughed in her face

blakie123

ehh that sucks, damn people got cps on speed dial or what?

lesliemck86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I am surprised that people get arrested for a false report, although maybe its not done enough is what im thinking? Because you just don't hear about that all the time, if at all....

MamaSusieQ045
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM

people need to mind their own business sometimes and not jump to conclusions so quickly....

mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM

you do realize that isn't the appropriate intervention for choking don't you?  I wouldn't have called the police or CPS, I would have offered my assistance on providing first aid... that's is just me though.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM

seriously how can someone report a stranger? I get it in your case they caleld the police first but in normal instances how do you report that? Don't you need names and addresses and whatever else to report something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)