Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AT&T UVERSE

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 21 Replies

anyone have their cable through at&t? how do u like it? is it worth it? im thinking of switching if its avaliable in my area cause my sattillite is pissing me off royally and we already have internet through at&t so any insight would be great good bad ugly everything please.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

ARE YOU AN ARMY WIVES FAN??? IF SO NEW SEASON STARTS APRIL 11

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Short_N_Sassy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM

You can check on ATT.com and see if uverse is available where you live.  We have att but don't have uverse yet because it's not available at my house.  I don't know why because everyone around us has it.  I don't understand their reasoning.  My neighbor down the way has it and loves it.  I would switch if it were me. 

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I have UVerse and I absolutely LOVE it.  You can record two HD and two non-HD shows all at the same time.  I also have their internet.  So far, we've been very happy and we've had it for almost a year.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I just got U-Verse installed yesterday. I LOVE IT!! The internet is just as fast as Comcast, and WIRELESS!!! I got the 450 package, so we get everything right now. They offered us a nice 1 year promo too. There are more hD channels, and I can DVR up to 4 shows at once, watching them in ANY room of the house. I really like that feature.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Actually the internet is different than Comcast.  Comcast uses a shared network, so when more people are on, it slows it down.  AT&T doesn't do shared, it's individual.  So your speed is constant, no matter who else is using what.

There is ONE drawback OP.  Say you have a TV in your room and your living room.  You'll have to have a box on both in order to watch TV on both.  If you don't have a box on that TV, you won't get the cable.  Then again, on the flipside to that it's like KairisMama said, you have DVR capabilities in each room.

Quoting KairisMama:

I just got U-Verse installed yesterday. I LOVE IT!! The internet is just as fast as Comcast, and WIRELESS!!! I got the 450 package, so we get everything right now. They offered us a nice 1 year promo too. There are more hD channels, and I can DVR up to 4 shows at once, watching them in ANY room of the house. I really like that feature.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

Even without a promo that 450 package isn't too bad. Its 112  Considering it is everything all movie channels and sports and HD that isn't that bad. Their voice is 30 and that is unlimited local and long distance with every phone feature..not bad at all!!!

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Actually the internet is different than Comcast.  Comcast uses a shared network, so when more people are on, it slows it down.  AT&T doesn't do shared, it's individual.  So your speed is constant, no matter who else is using what.

There is ONE drawback OP.  Say you have a TV in your room and your living room.  You'll have to have a box on both in order to watch TV on both.  If you don't have a box on that TV, you won't get the cable.  Then again, on the flipside to that it's like KairisMama said, you have DVR capabilities in each room.

Quoting KairisMama:

WE have had uverse for almost 2 years now and we got a promo on our boxes..we only pay 7.00 for the first box every other box we haev is free for life unless we get more later or cancel one. If we keep the 3 we only pay for the 1.

ATT has a lot of promos available. All you have to do is call and ask. :)

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Quoting alexhuntercody:

Quoting KairisMama:

Even without a promo that 450 package isn't too bad. Its 112  Considering it is everything all movie channels and sports and HD that isn't that bad. Their voice is 30 and that is unlimited local and long distance with every phone feature..not bad at all!!!

450 WITH the MAX Internet is 167. I am getting my package for $140 for a year. I actually didn't get the land line. DH and I are going to just use our cell phones. The website is nice for you can play around with different package and pricing options before you decide to call and actually order.

anikahaynes1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I HATE AT AND T!!! We tried to get internet through them, and the uverse, they sent us a bill over and over and over again for services we NEVER EVEN HAD IN OUR HOUSE!! They called the day they were to come install our uverse and internet and then said all the sudden it wasnt avail in our area, but kept charging us for it anyway...I had to threaten leagal action on them to leave us alone.

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM

As I was saying b4 I was so rudely interrupted by COX internet crashing on me 2 min. ago!!! Grrrr  Anyway, how much is it? We have the COX bundle for $200 a mth which is a huuuge rip, b/c #1 it is overpriced, #2 the service bites. It goes down at least once a day, as it just did. I told them if it kept happening I would switch to a more reliable and cheaper company  (it is in dh's name so I actually cannot with out a p.o.a.).

Quoting jillbailey26:

I have UVerse and I absolutely LOVE it.  You can record two HD and two non-HD shows all at the same time.  I also have their internet.  So far, we've been very happy and we've had it for almost a year.

alexhuntercody
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

As I was saying b4 I was so rudely interrupted by COX internet crashing me 2 min. ago!!! Grrrr  Anyway, how much is it? We have the COX bundle for $200 a mth which is a huuuge rip, b/c #1 it is overpriced, #2 the service bites. It goes down at least once a day, as it just did. I told them if it kept happening I would switch to a more reliable and cheaper company  (it is in dh's name so I actually cannot with out a p.o.a.).

Quoting jillbailey26:

Here is what i pay.

I pay 112 for the U450 which is everything; all the movie channels all the sports channels HD channels are included.

I pay 15 for the internet but i have the cheapest one and that is with a 10 dollar bundle discount

I did pay 30 for my phone which was unlimited local and long distance but i got rid of it because i  never use my home phone and noone ever calls it.

I laso have my cell phones combined billd in, which means i can call anyone and anyone who has a ATT number landline or cell can call me..its called the unity plan and its free no minutes deducted.

My total bill is like 283 to 300. Roughly.

Scratch what i said.

Apparently you have to have the voice to have your cell phones on the unity plan. They are still combined bill'd though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)