Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am asking mom's why?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 861 Replies

my plan for my child is simple and I have been thinking about it more and more everyday.  I work at a daycare, and I see so many parent's who are going by the statistics and putting development at a stand still. 

my plan: breastfeed til 3 months, give the bottle (with breast milk I am STAYING away from formula it STINKS!) at 6 months it's time for sippy. and potty training as soon as he can walk. but breast milk for the whole year.  I am going to RF until 1/20 and then turn him around.

I feel like as soon as a child can hold a bottle and manuver it well, it needs to be taken away, it is DISGUSTING and lazy for me to be taking care of a four year old who for one thing is still in diapers, for another weighs 70 or 8- pounds, and still has a pacifier?!? aren't parent's ASHAMED of themselves for stunting their children?

I am curious to see if I am the only mom on here who is looking at development VS statistics...

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briana_paige
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I think you have ALOT of learning to do. Parenting is not as easy as you think. And you can't force a child to potty train, they have to be ready. You are in for a huge wake up call. 

hobbitswife04
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM

gonna go out on a limb here and say you are pregnant with your first child...lol. Its a good plan, but sometimes life changes those plans. Working with kids, and having a child of your own are two totally different things, but good luck.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM

You'll hate me.

I formula fed and my kids were off the bottle at a year.

My boys turned around at a year and 20lbs, but my daughter is almost 2 and still rear facing.

My oldest was potty trained at 2 1/2 and had night time wetting until 5.  My second wasn't potty trained until almost 4 and never had night time wetting.  My almost two year old hasn't even begun.

Now.  You can continue to judge parents like me without knowing my individual story (because you don't know anyone's story) or you can kindly ask what our story is.  Telling people that they should be ashamed of themselves is definitely not the way to go.

kat247

Is this your first child?Its great that you have goals and stuff but really we were all perfect mothers before we had kids.I agree a 4 yr old should be potty trained and stuff but good luck with the sippy at 6 months.It CAN be done..plenty do.But its not to often a baby is broke from boob/bottle at 6 months.But good luck anyway.

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I laugh at your plan...  Come back here in 2 years and tell me how far you got with it..  I'll still be laughing...

jillbailey26

That's what I was thinking too.

Quoting hobbitswife04:

gonna go out on a limb here and say you are pregnant with your first child...lol. Its a good plan, but sometimes life changes those plans. Working with kids, and having a child of your own are two totally different things, but good luck.

cakright
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM

lol, youre cute. I also worked in a daycare before kids and thought I had the perfect plan too. It doesnt work that way, karma kicks your ass for everytime youve ever said "MY kid wont do that"  Every kid develops differently, you'll see.

brbrowen
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I really hope this works out for you.

mommaboudreaux
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM

You may be suprised after this baby is born how much your views will change.

Amaranth361
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I agree with you in some ways but each child is very different and even if your first goes according to your plan I guarantee that your second wont. Its just the nature of bringing individuals into the world.

They come out with their own thoughts and personalities and quirks LOL.

Ive worked in daycares, ran daycares, and babysat up the wazoo and being a mother is definately different from tending to children in a daycare situation. It does help having that background and experience but it doesnt give you all the answers.

Keep to your guns and give it a try but remember to not be so unwilling to bend, if needbe, that you "break" yourself and/or your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)