Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help predicting ovulation. this morning was my last straw

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well me and DH thought for sure that I was preggo but started my period...of course....so i decided today that I would try to track my cycles. I have PCOS so itis very difficult. We are trying so hard to get pregnant, we dont have any kids yet but desperately want them! does anyone here know of a website that you can track your cycles for free and that will help you predict ovulation?? Please help me ladies, I just sat here this morning balling and told my husband that I am sorry that I cant give him children and wouldnt be surprised if he left me to be with a woman who can conceive. He of course is very supportive and said that would never happened and he also got sad. I just need help trying to figure out which days i am feritle.

simple frown

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofVictor
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I went to www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator when we were ttc...just put in the date your last period started and how many days in your cycle and they tell you when you are most likely to conceive.

Good Luck...

AryssasMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I think that is the same website I used. We tried for 6 months to get pregnant and the first time I used that website I got pregnant. If only I had just started using it in the beginning. LOL Good luck.

Quoting MomofVictor:

I went to www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator when we were ttc...just put in the date your last period started and how many days in your cycle and they tell you when you are most likely to conceive.

Good Luck...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mrs.Arney
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Thank you ladies, I will try that, hopefully it will work me since i have PCOS and i only get a period every 3-5 months

Cymbeline
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Fertilityfriend.com  I would suggest temping. Good luck.

emfm2013
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

try the first response daily ovulation tests

ShadowLark
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Okay, this might be WAY tmi and TOTALLY none of my business.  But when I conceived number 2 and 4 (number 3 was a happy accident, but I mc) we dtd every other day for a month.  So I'm wondering if that would be possible for you and your dh?  Except it would be for three to five months, obviously, which might be a bit much.

BUT - if you O at all, that method is guaranteed to catch the egg! 

Are you certain that you're O'ing?  Maybe charting is a good place to start - you could figure out your luteal phase, too.  If it's less than 10 days, the egg will never implant even if you DO catch it.  (Basically, luteal phase is how long it takes from O'ing to menstruation.  Average is 13 days.)  There are meds that can help with that.  And keep your doctor in the loop!  He/she can be a GODSEND - PCOS makes getting pg difficult, but it does NOT have to be impossible.  GL!

mommam58122
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:36 PM

i dont have much info i dont know what PCOS is but here is a bump so u can get all the advice u need.

monkeysmom21006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM

mymonthlycycles.com Good luck!

Tylersmum06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

This is the one I used for 3 of 4 pregnancies... This last one snuck up on me.... Lol Good Luck!

Quoting monkeysmom21006:

mymonthlycycles.com Good luck!

Mommy21Boy1Girl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I have PCOS and 2 beautiful children.  It was very very hard for me to get pregnant because like you my periods are erratic.  I was put on clomid which helps you to ovulate.  Talk to your doctor and see what your options are.  It is not hopeless.  I remember feeling just like you are feeling now wondering if I would ever get pregnant and stay pregnant.  I have had multiple miscarriages also.  I wish you the best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)