Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help Toonsils and Adenoids surgery on 2/18 more questions update 2/24 another update 2/25

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM
  • 38 Replies

Update: Well I took her to the the dr this morning and they said she has an infection in her surgery site and she also has Bronchitis. We were saw buy her PCP because the ENT was in surgery all day yo day. The dr changed her antibiotic was changed and so we hopefully she will feel better soon. She has her follow up with the ENT on March 3rd.

Update:  We were at the ER last night due to vomiting and still not drinking very well. They gave her some anti nausea meds and sent us home. Today she still isn't  drinking very well ut not vomiting, She has only drank about 8 ounces of water all day and 2 sips of apple juice. She doesn't seem dehydrated she is still drooling and her mouth looks moist. I have tried all kids of things trying to get her to drink My question is what should I do?? Should I take her back in to the ER?

My DD is 35 months old and has severe Sleep Apnea and other health problems. They took out her Tolsils and Adenoids on the 18th. She is having a rough time she is very very fussy and not wanting to drink really at all. She is going Pee every 9 hrs. I took her to the Urgent care this morning and they said she was mildly dehydrated and to just keep pushing the fluids every 15 minutes when she is awake and if she didn't impove by tomorrow to take her to the local children's hospital. She's lost 3 pounds since the last time she was weighed which was a week before surgery. She running a low grade fever 100.5. I am giving her pian meds every 4 to 6 hrs and tylenol and motrin as needed.                                                                                                               My questions are is there any other moms that have been throught this? If so what  did you do to keep them comfortable. Thanks

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NanaB37
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:13 PM

TONSILS.  T-O-N-S-I-L-S.  Tonsils.

MamaSusieQ045
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM

my daughter had her tonsils out when she was 3, they gave her prescription pain meds. is that what they gave your daughter? keeping them comfortable is kind of a challenge sometimes, but i would give her pain meds around the clock and push cold things for her to suck on or eat...popsicles, jello, things like that. if you have any other questions feel free to pm me...good luck hun

acaisha
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM

My son had his out this summer but he was 14 so can't offer to much help for a baby. But I would try offering popcicles, jello, juices... even slurpee if she will drink it or make your own. Avoid dairy though. Are you rotating the tylinol and motrin so they overlap and shes not without pain meds working? I know it took at least 3-4 days before my son really wanted to do much more then sip on liquids. I wouldn't be overly concerned but offer her gateraid or pedilyte and try to get her to take even just small sips every few minutes. Keep an eye on the fever though i don't remember my son getting a fever my concern there would be infection.

ashley924
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:19 PM

poor thing! i know how she feels, i had mine taken out when i was much older, 20. it was horrible!! the inside of my ears burned so bad! i felt they were on fire! i felt like i was starving to death, everytime i tried to eat it hurt sooo bad i couldnt. alot of jello and popsicles. is she on antibiotics? i was.

ashley924
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Quoting NanaB37:

that was rude!!

kat247
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM

OK really?Now that you got that out do you feel better?

OP my son was around 6 when he got his taken out.He didnt have any trouble with it though.He just couldnt eat.But your baby is so much younger and its hard to explain to her that she HAS to drink.I would say if she doesn't start drinking more you should deff take her.Poor baby I hope she feels better soon.

Quoting NanaB37:

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Poor baby! Try giving her some frozen yogurt, might be easy for her to swallow. Or it might feel good on her throat. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
TinaN64
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Oh!  I do have one suggestions....  If she doesn't seem to like cold drinks... Try warm chicken broth.  My daughter had her tonsils out at 6, and LOVED the warm drinks instead.  And the salt in the broth will help with the healing.

kaydencesmom07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Thanks a bunch. Also sorry I misspelled the title. Excuse the rude people

kaydencesmom07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:29 PM

DID YOU REALLY NEED TO BE RUDE. I AM RUNNING ON LIKE NO SLEEP AND I AM VERY VERY WORRIED

Quoting NanaB37:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)