Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok to stop giving the kids (3 and 1 y/o) juice?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 34 Replies

They eat PLENTY of fruits and veg- especially the fruits. i'll give them water/crystal lite instead. would that be ok? no bashing- i know someones gonna have something to say about the crystal lite thing!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
06NavyWife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Look in the ingrediants of crystal lite ... I believe that it has sugar subsitute in it. Which is really bad for your kids. Why do you want to stop giving them juice? My daughter is almost 3 and she get half juice and half water.

NanaB37
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM

There is no nutritional value in juices anyway.  The whole fruits and vegetables are better for them and they don't need the crystal light.  Water will be fine by itself. 

People give their kids too much juice.   You'll be fine.

OwensMama824
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM

It has aspartame... ICK.

Quoting 06NavyWife:

Look in the ingrediants of crystal lite ... I believe that it has sugar subsitute in it. Which is really bad for your kids. Why do you want to stop giving them juice? My daughter is almost 3 and she get half juice and half water.

ashmac03
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Honestly my kids drink very little juice.  They mostly have milk and water since they eat tons of fruits and veggies.  Fruit juice isn't good for them anyway.  It's loaded with sugar.  If they do have juice I usually water it down and get juice that has no sugar added and not from concentrate.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM

kain drinks v8 fushion and loves it. veggies and fruit  all in one.   if i took that away idk if hed notice hes always asking for water anyways

Mommy to Kain  08/22/2007 and Fiance' to Richard

Baby #2

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Crystal Lite is not healthy for children... I believe that it has a sugar substitute in it.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

momiofcristina
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I dont give my kids juice, water and milk only.

zezzawoman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

They say it's not good to give little ones crystal lite. Let them get used to water when they are young.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

That sugar substitute can cause diarrhea. Look it up, it is a side effect of it.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Crystal Lite is not healthy for children... I believe that it has a sugar substitute in it.

Anthony James  Jaxson Daniel

Born 12-4-09

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM

fruits and veggies are better for them but i would bring it up with their doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)