Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about baby registries..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am headed to Babies r us and Target to start our registry for the essentials since we dont know the gender yet...only one problem..im a first time mom and need help with the stuff we should register for...any suggestions?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Wistful
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Babies R Us will give you a checklist of stuff. Just remember don't go overboard on clothing (since most of it's seasonal) and you don't need the most expensive items on the shelf nor do you need everything on the checklist.

mnmsmom2008
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I would just wait until the 20 week u/s if you're planning on finding out.  They couldn't tell if my oldest was a boy/girl so I ended up getting a lot of blue/yellow/green and she turned out to be a girl.  I would much rather have had pink, purple, girl colors, etc.

iwmoln2120
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM

one question i have is are you wanting gender nutural stuff if so register for some things like that. and just like one lady said don't go over board on the cloths. and dont put diapers on there or you will get far too many

Dara0820
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Well this is my first time too, and I'm 37 weeks. When I registered I registered for bib, bottles, toys, diapers, wipes, binkies, blankets, sheets, booties, safety stuff like plug covers and things like that along with all kinds of little things. I didn't count on anyone buying the big things like the crib or anything like that....so we bought it ourselves. I DID however put a little bouncer thing on my registry, but never got it, hell I didn't even get a Boppy. I say stay with the small things, because most people aren't going to want to spend much. We bought the crib, travel system, swing, bassinet, bathtub and all of that. Like I said small stuff is all we put on the registry, and we still didn't get half of it...

pregnancy

Dara

GruntWife07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Great ladies.. Thank you!! What are your opinions on things like diaper genies etc?

GruntWife07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Quoting iwmoln2120:

one question i have is are you wanting gender nutural stuff if so register for some things like that. and just like one lady said don't go over board on the cloths. and dont put diapers on there or you will get far too many

We dont really care because we already have our crib and armoirre (sp) and bedding..the only reason i want to do gender neutral stuff is i thought it would be easier to buy...i was think like boppy,diaper genie,bath stuff, things like that...

CafeMom Tickers
cristyanne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Put anything you might want on your registry even if you don't think someone will get it for you because closer to your due date Target and Babies R US will send you a coupon for 10 % off everything left on your registry so if you do end up having to buy the Crib, Car seat Etc. yourself at least you will be able to get a discount on it. As for the Diaper Genie I didn't think I would use one because so many people had said they hated them but I put it on my registry anyway and ended up getting one and i actually love it! I just make sure to spray the inside down with lysol every time I empty it so that it doesn't start to smell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)