Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I'm being petty but

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 57 Replies

One of my neighbors is having a party tonight. they live about four or five houses down. One of his guests is parked in front of my house. They aren't blocking my driveway but they are still in front of my house/mailbox. This irritates me to no end. I don't like strangers turning around in my driveway without my permission ((like someone is doing right now) so you knkow someone parking in front of my house is like ahhhhhhh

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM

ugh i HATE that!!! i park in my driveway but god forbid i park infront of my house, the next door neighbor complains to the landlord if any of us do it because he cant park one of his "precious" cars there, why would a single guy in his late 50's need 3 damn cars for?!

wife.and.mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM

so if someone wants to turn around in your driveway, they have to stop the car and ring your doorbell to get permission...  wow.. have issues?

TinaN64
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

If they're parked on the street you REALLY need to get over it.  You don't have a right to decide who parks in the street.

Turning around in your driveway???  That's just nuts. 

guess_who_wit_6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

no they don't. I just don't like it. What a I gonna do run them down in the street like a crazy person screaming "DON'T YOU DRIVE IN MY DRIVEWAY" be serious

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

so if someone wants to turn around in your driveway, they have to stop the car and ring your doorbell to get permission...  wow.. have issues?

BlessedToBMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Your not one of those "dont tell me my kid is cute or talk to them, or talk to me if I dont know you even if your just being friendly and saying hello" people are you?

Amybelle
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

there are bigger things to stress about..............take a deep breath & relax

guess_who_wit_6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

AGAIN did I say I was going to ticket them? Nope it just irritates me that they park in front of my house and yes I do get irritated when people come to my house and turn around. Namely because my house is like the third one in and more often than not the other houses don't have cars parked in it but at any given moment mine will have my kids, my dog, my van(and yes people have done this while my van was in the driveway) in it. It irritates me. But you guys continue to try to get my goat. I won't "defend" myself for a feeling. I may not have a right to who's on the street in front of my house but I do have a right to feel irritated by ith

Quoting TinaN64:

If they're parked on the street you REALLY need to get over it.  You don't have a right to decide who parks in the street.

Turning around in your driveway???  That's just nuts. 

SarahMcG1981

It's not something I would lose sleep over.... Not a big deal... If they were blocking the driveway then, yeah, ok I'd be a little peeved... But parking in front of your house and turning around in your driveway really isn't something to get worked up over...

MrsNewman

ok. it's the street, who cares.

Orionsgirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM

My neighbor has like 4 cars so one of his cars is always right in front of our house and it ticks me off! We live on the end of a cul-de-sac so it makes it really hard to back out of the drive way. I am tempted to say something to him....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)