Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i snapped

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

after dinner. i'm already pissed about a bunch of things, but this was the straw, i guess. my older sis was driving. i was in the passenger seat, DS and bro was sitting in the backseat.. Bro kept telling DS that he (DS) was gonna go to bed when we got home. it was only 7:30 and it was makign DS mad- cuz when i tell him he's gonna go to bed, he knows thats the rule. he's not used to OTHER people telling him what to do... but bro was just telling him that b/c he was getting on his nerves.

I turned around and i "yelled" (more like a really firm voice that bro never gets) that if he told MY son that he was going to bed ONE MORE TIME, i'm gonna put HIS ass to bed. would i? no. do i have the power to? no. but during the dinner- he was pouting b/c he wasnt getting his way. what'd he want? not just to go to the movies- but also get movies from blockbuster afterwards.. thats just tonight. tomorrow, he'll be going to the OSU basketball game. and will probably go to the movies that night as well.

i HATE when my sister comes home. i HATE how my family is. i wish i could leave. i really, really do.

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MeandB
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I can only handle my family in very low doses... and not all at once- that's 11-13 of us in one house.... and everyone is loud and obnoxiously yelling. :) I know the feeling hun. We moved a few hours away!

meryclaire
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Quoting MeandB:

I can only handle my family in very low doses... and not all at once- that's 11-13 of us in one house.... and everyone is loud and obnoxiously yelling. :) I know the feeling hun. We moved a few hours away!

my bil calls people like that single serving friends. family in this case I guess.

Photobucket
mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Did he get the point after you snapped at him....i hope so.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM

course not. why would he? he pouted about it afterwards, wouldnt talk to anyone in teh car and is upstairs right now, crying to our dad about how mean i am, and how i screamed at him and blah, blah, blah... and in the end- he'll get to go to both the movie theater and blockbuster b/c my older sister and dad will feel bad.

he's f'ing 12 and he has more say than what I do!

is anyone gonna ask me about it, get my side? hell no. why? cuz even at dinner- no one talked to me ONCE. i was seriously quiet the entire dinner and no one cared/noticed.

Quoting mrsjones2207:

Did he get the point after you snapped at him....i hope so.

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
blakie123
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:30 PM

DONT HATE HOW UR FAMILY IS I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY FAM AROUND AND NOT BY CHOICE. I WISH THEY WERE HERE NO MATTER HOW ANNOYIED OR PISSED THEY  MAKE ME :) P.S SORRY U HAD A BAD DAY!

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Why can't you leave?

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:49 PM

i dont hate my family. i hate the family dynamics. i hate how everyone is excited when my 24 year old sister accomplishes something, but its already said that no one will even go to my graduation... how excited everyone gets when she comes home and makes a big deal about it- but if i have important news, its pointless.

i hate how my mom just uses the shit outta me all the time. i hate how my 12 year old brother basically runs this family- except for my DS, which it seems like he's trying to do! even I have to go around him, cuz when HE gets mad, I get yelled at.

i hate how we dont have dinner together, i hate how my own family just doesnt notice me. i could tell my mom that i'm gonna kill myself and she'd laugh at me- even when i have a knife in my hand..

we're just not a family. we are strangers living together... but once my sister comes along- its like everyone is a family BUT me. i'm not included in anything that they do.

To another replier: i cant move out until i get a job first to be able to pay rent. i've been looking, but its not working out that well and i will be honest- 75% of my attention is on graduating (once i graduate, opening positions in my degree has an income of $45 grand to 60 grand).

Quoting blakie123:

DONT HATE HOW UR FAMILY IS I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY FAM AROUND AND NOT BY CHOICE. I WISH THEY WERE HERE NO MATTER HOW ANNOYIED OR PISSED THEY  MAKE ME :) P.S SORRY U HAD A BAD DAY!

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM

What is so different about your sister that everyone treats her differently?

Part of your frustration may be that you are an adult who has her own family now, and you are expecting your other family to be the same as when you were a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)