Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this?? (a nurse might be helpful)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM
  • 35 Replies

this rash is on the back of my upper thigh. It hurts like hell, is swollen and warm to the touch. It does not itch. I have read on the computer it might be shingles. It has all the symptoms except that it is not covering half of my torso. I seem to get one about once a year and it is usually on my back upper thigh. I have once had one on the back of my arm.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If you are a nurse what might be the cause of these? It is almost like I know when I am gonna get one cause my whole leg will ache and be sensitive. Someone please shed some light!!!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
n03z07l08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM

If you get it so often you should probably go in and have it checked out! Goodluck.

mom2mel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I want to but I have no insurance and I have a fear of docs! I am always scared they are gonna tell me I am dying!

Quoting n03z07l08:

If you get it so often you should probably go in and have it checked out! Goodluck.

Idiosyncratic
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:27 PM

shingles

n03z07l08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I know how that is-I'm terrified of doctors too!!! Ity does look like shingles from pictures I've seen but I couldnt be sure.

Quoting mom2mel:

I want to but I have no insurance and I have a fear of docs! I am always scared they are gonna tell me I am dying!

Quoting n03z07l08:

Idiosyncratic
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM

have you ever had chicken pox?

USMCBride08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM

looks alot like shingles. Does it last a little while? I've had them and thats exactly what they look like. But i only had them once....

Jcorris
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM

It sounds and looks like shingles. My Dh was diagnosed with them last year.

mrcleansgal
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:30 PM

i agree with shingles....

sealedwithakiss
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I had something that look like that once. It had something to do with the hair follicles or something. webmd it. They have a symptom checker. It will probably give you a few possibilities. You still should get it looked at by a professional though.

mom2mel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Yeah I had chicken pox in Kindergarten. The pain in my leg starts a couple of days before the rash appears and then it turns into puss filled blisters then they scab over and take about 3 weeks to completely heal. It hurts real bad when the blisters appear. I am 32 and I thought it was mainly old people that get shingles so I wanna know why I am getting them.

I have bad childhood memories with docs so I am a chicken! Next time I get one I will go in scared or not!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)