Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Booster seat question- Anyone have a Evenflo Chase DLX or a Safety First Vantage Triton

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

So me and dh are looking into buying a new booster seat. So do you have these 2 or anyone want to recommend a good 5 point harness booster? Thanks for the input :)

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MsDean
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM

By the way I am ff if that matters.

MsDean
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM

bump!

bluesky51201
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Both of my boys are in Britax Regents.  I'll be buying my seven year old a SK Monterey soon because he's only got about two more inches to go in the Regent.  Anyway, I like them.  They're comfy, they can harness a child up to 80 pounds, and Britax tests at a higher standard than US companies. 

AmiJanell
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Graco Nautilus

SugarAndSpiceX3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Graco Nautilus. Cheaper. Harnesses for longer. Does well on head excursion even when not tethered. Way easy to install. Has side impact protection. And kids so those nifty little cup holder, and hidden compartment.

MsDean
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I will definatly check that out. Thanx :)

Quoting bluesky51201:

Both of my boys are in Britax Regents.  I'll be buying my seven year old a SK Monterey soon because he's only got about two more inches to go in the Regent.  Anyway, I like them.  They're comfy, they can harness a child up to 80 pounds, and Britax tests at a higher standard than US companies. 

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

MsDean
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I love cup holders!

Quoting SugarAndSpiceX3:

Graco Nautilus. Cheaper. Harnesses for longer. Does well on head excursion even when not tethered. Way easy to install. Has side impact protection. And kids so those nifty little cup holder, and hidden compartment.

Mom2jngnc
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM

My 3rd son had an evenflo chase.... as we were able to get it for $20 through the county and the seat of his brothers' was getting ready to hit it's life limit.

It was a nice seat, we liked it (and the one we got through the county was teh most basic pad, no cup holder).....

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

butterflyblu
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I just bought my 27 month old a Britax Frontier.  It hasn't arrived yet but I did a lot of research and it was either that one or the Graco Nautilus.  I wasn't sure if you are referring to a traditional booster seat or one that harnesses then converts to a booster.  The Frontier and the Nautilus both harness then convert to boosters.  There is no way my 2 yr old is ready for a booster.  The Nautilus harnesses to 65 lbs, the Frontier to 80 lbs but the harness heights for both are almost identical so the extra weight with the Britax doesn't make much of a difference.   I've heard the Frontier makes a better booster than the Nautilus but it's also more pricey.   I don't have any experience with the 2 seats you mention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)