Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

call me stupid but i really want to know

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
If you are pregnant and sleep on your stomach will it squash your baby? I'm 23 weeks & for some reason am having a difficult time this pregnancy not sleeping on my stomach. I wake up this way & its starting to worry me.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briana_paige
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I can't give you any information but I'm pregnant (only 12 weeks) and notice that I sleep on my stomach now. I wake up numerous times at night and correct it but I still end up back on my stomach. I don't understand it.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

bump

pellen
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I slept on my stomach well kinda at a weird kinda on my side kinda on my stomach angle later in my pregnancy, but I have an un squished baby.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when nessesary, southern country living type of Momma!

momto3yahoos
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM

If you wake up that way, just roll back to your side. It has to do with not having enough room in there. Laying on your left is best. You can't control what you do while you are a sleep.

kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM

When you are further along it won't be comfortable. As long as it is comfortable you can.

With my second pregnancy, I had hyperemesis gravidarum and didn't gain weight until my 7th month, slept on my stomach until then.

CarterMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:28 PM

it's BEST to sleep on your LEFT SIDE

but it's perfectly fine to sleep however you are comfortable. it is reccomended that if you wake up and are sleeping on your belly or back to roll over because you won't squash your baby but you can cut off some of the nutrients

ashleyanderic
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM

my doc told me as long as i was comfortable, my baby was too. congrats=]

proudmama1207
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I always slept on my tummy. Even when I was towards the end, I would find myself sorta half on half off my huge whale of a belly. It is okay. I sleep on my left side too and that is the best way because it makes it easier on your heart when you sleep on the left side.

KRIZZ25
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

i would setup the pillows and make a little space for my belly.. lay down .. i had to do that wth my last pregnancy wth my twins. my back needed time off . even if it, s just 10 min. good luck..

monkeysmom21006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I'm 12 weeks, but I slept "on my stomach" with my leg kind of bent to prop me up and a pillow supporting my stomach when I was pregnant with DD. My acupuncturist that people who sleep on their stomach do so because it expands the lungs better. I'd suggest either sleeping as I did (AS LONG as it's comfortable) or sleep propped on pillows. I slept propped on pillows the entire second half of my pregnancy with DS because I just couldnt breathe any other way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)