Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to lose weight? Anything you swear by?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

In addition to exercise and eating healthy.   Im starting a biggest loser competition with a bunch of friends.  We weigh in on Monday. My cousins have started using Ali? and they have all lost a lot of weight.  I cant take anything now because Im breastfeeding.  However, when she weans I will be thinking about it. 

I have zero energy and Im a vegetarian (who eats dairy)

So what foods would you recommend?  Anything else you swear by?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serioussifL
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I love sweets. So instead if dessert lately, I have fat free sugar free fudge pops. Or applsauce. Or tea.

I also like the light yoplait yogurts, at only 100cal each.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Broth based soups!! I eat 2 bowls of soup a day and I have gone down from 160 in November to 137 now. I just eat a bowl of soup (campbell's has a whole line of awesome soups that are low cal & low sodium). I eat one bowl of soup before each meal (I eat 2 meals a day).

Good luck!!

Kim

FDNYwife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I am good if I stick to a routine.

I usually would eat fat free yogurt with some fresh fruit and granola for breakfast

Half cheese sandwich and salad with fat free dressing for lunch with fresh fruit as a snack

Then Id eat whatever the family eats for dinner.

ashleyanderic
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

i cut out sugar drinks completely. nothing but water. also, a water bottle a meal

ctfirsttimemom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

just portion control!  breast feeding was a GREAT weight loss program for me.  Also if you eat raw leafy veggies (salad) before meals it will make you feel full really quickly, just watch the dressing because that can cancel out the low cal veggies REALLY fast!  Good luck!

CAarmywife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

when i shed the lbs after a pregnancy, i would have one junk food a week and the rest of the week i ate smoothies as a snack and it filled me right up. i would just take a bit of plain yogurt, some fruit and a splash of oj or apple juice depending on what fruit i used. i lost over 50 lbs in a few months with no exercise

mom0609
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM

bump

NewMom2RAD

Okay, I swear by this but I can't do it.

Drink half your weight in ounces of water every day, and CEASE drinking sugary beverages. Change nothing else and I PROMISE you will lose weight. I did this for 30 days once and lost like 15 pounds. This was of course pre-baby. Anyway, I want to do this PLUS walk for 20 minutes every day, along with just making better choices in general. I am nursing too. But when I'm NOT, I'll be doing a liver cleanse, and probably start taking Chromium Piccolinate again, which breaks down sugars in your system.

People keep telling me Weight Watchers is the best because you can still eat whatever its just calories, but my sister says "You can limit yourself to 1200 calories, but 1200 calories in chocolate chip cookies is not going to make you thin." LOL love my sister. SHE swears by clean eating and organic foods, HOWEVER, she has a lot of health problems depsite being skinny. So. My belief is that if it's primarily sugar, or if it's fried..avoid it. Don't put the last spoonful on your plate, eat just SLIGHTLY less than you are tempted too.

OH and a big one is to eat a the table instead of in front of the TV. Talking to your hubby/so/kids will make you eat slower, and feel full when you are actually full!

AquarianPath

WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

The only program I have ever done that worked, without any complications, was the Weight Watchers Points System.  For me it's not what I am eating, because I eat a healthy, balanced, whole foods diet, it's how much, so that helps me control portion sizes.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)