Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STAY AT HOME MOMS

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 41 Replies

I'm a stay at home mom and when my child goes to school i'm bored to death and feel like im gonna go crazy.We have only one car and I have no way of going anywhere its been badfor awhile and cold so i'm stuck here in the house.Does anyone else ever feel this way.When weekend starts I'm ready to take car and go anywhere.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pellen
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Yup, I know the feeling, though I do have my own truck, but I don't want to waste money going off places. So I clean, I internet window shop, and I look forward to when my DH gets home from work. DD isn't in school yet, but she spends alot of time with her grandparents during the week.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when nessesary, southern country living type of Momma!

bxbsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I'm a homebody so I don't feel that way. Every so often do I get the urge to leave the house.

pixie_trix
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

No, I never feel that way.

Luckily (for me anyway lol) I live in the middle of the city. So I can just step out and walk to anywhere I want to go. Anything from malls, to musuems I am within walking distance of. 

harakal1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

My DD is two months old and I am a stay-at-home mom both by choice and circumstances. I always want to go places and seeing that my DH is in the military it is usually me taking care of the little one. I wish I could clock out sometimes. But it is what it is and I have no choice but to deal with it. The cost of daycare prevents me from being able to work.

ptowncards05
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

my kids are only 2.5 and 14months but I know what you mean!! My SO works long hours and we only have one car and unless I want to get up at 5am and get both girls up just to take him to work I'm stuck at home till the weekend and he dosent understand why even a trip to walmart is exciting for me lol

torttia
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I Would suggest a hobby? Maybe take a class...After I had my son I started scrap booking, sewing, bow making, and coupon clipping lol.

rebabeach2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I'm sorry, I am probably going to get bashed here but . . .

My definition of a SAHM is a mom who stays home WITH her children. If your child goes to school, why stay home? Couldn't you get a job or do some kind of volunteer work?

bxbsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

oh boy...some people should really mind there business.

She also said they only have one car

Quoting rebabeach2:

My definition of a SAHM is a mom who stays home WITH her children. If your child goes to school, why stay home? Couldn't you get a job or do some kind of volunteer work?

AlyssaRob1416
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I am a SAHM and have 2 kids in school and one at home. It is so quiet with the little one at home. I get bored too.

rebabeach2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Quoting bxbsmommy:

oh boy...some people should really mind there business.

Quoting rebabeach2:

Really?!?! So I shouldn't respond to someone who makes a post then?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)