Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck at the hospital...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am so, so bored. My LO was admitted yesterday for observation because her O2 sats suck. She has had a respiratory virus since Monday. RSV test came back negative, however, they used a suction trap and not a swab. Anyways, here I am, bored out of my mind.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MPWifeJessicia
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I hope she is feeling better soon!

beka83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

aaahhhh..Im sorry.  Hospitals suck unless there is an array of attractive male nurses and doctors.  Hey I didn't say you had to touch but looking is fun!!

AlyssaRob1416
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

No male nurses :( No attractive Drs :(

USMCBride08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

What made you take her in? JW, cuz ds is sick too and we thought it was RSV and he isnt getting any better and we were thiinking of taking him in

I      <3         Them!

AlyssaRob1416
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

We have good communication with her pulmonologist when she is sick. We call his cell number and he treats her that way. We have a pulseox at home and she was reading at 89-90 after albuterol. When she got to the Dr, she was reading 75. Normal is about 95 and up for her.

I would watch his breathing. If he is sucking in so you can see his ribs (retracting), if he has nasal flaring when he breathes, or is blue under his fingernails or lips, then he needs to be seen. If he is managing well, just take him to the ped monday for some albuterol. If you don't have to, stay away because the hospital is crawling with germs.

maidenmouse
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Hospitals suck sorry you have to be there.

Proud mom of a hero battling cancer. Also a proud mom of my older kids that have been so tolerant of this life changing experience. www.caringbridge.org/visit/chunn Yesterday is history, tommorow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why we call it the present. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)