Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diaper rash creams (poll)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: which diaper rash medicine works the best?

Options:

desitin max strength

aquaphore

triple paste

butt paste

A&D

Balmex

gold bond baby powder

other (explain please)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

DD has had a rash on her bottom since she was sick about 2 weeks ago I will get it healled and looking better and she will poop big and its right back at the begining again I had some nystatin from her yeast infection she had last yr and the did nothing so I am sure its not that kind of rash plus it seems to flare up with her BMs anyhow I went to Wally world and bought damn near every cream they had spent close to 50.00 but if 1 of them works then its worth it she is so uncomfortable and the Pedi. said if the nyastatin didnt work OTCs were my best place to start. this is a list in the poll of every single one I have so opinion are much appreciated Thanks in advance.

Michelle (29) Thomas (31) Callista (11) Eva 10-01-08

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAarmywife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

my ped told me to use a&d and it works great. i use to use just petroleum jelly i never used like the white kind of paste it never worked for my kids

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

i love butt paste! it seems to work better than the others i have tried

beka83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Vasoline!  Works great.

proudmama1207
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Triple paste. When my son was really sick last year, triple paste was the only thing that got rid of it. My pediatrician recommended it to me. I swear by it. One little tube lasts forever because you don't need very much.

mhmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

My ped told me about Triple Paste and I used it for both of my kids.  My son used to bleed really bad and get yeast infection also.  The Triple paste would clear it up over night.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

My grandson is like this after he comes home from being with his mom on  the weekends......I always used A& D ointment then I put Butt Paste on top and in the morning he is almost cured..maybe just a little bit of redness

davidsmom81
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I like Aveeno works like a charm.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

A long bath in some tepid water with a a few scoops of baking soda works great. Also some time out of the diaper to let her bottom air out does wonders. I always used the butt paste and it worked great for me as well.

ajzuell
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

A&D works better for my little one diaper rash.

Lullababy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I chose other.  It depends on what the rash is from.  If its yeasty I use olive oil with tto and lo.  I use aloe to sooth, lanolin to protect and hydrate, olive oil to hydrate.  I don't use petrolium based products or alcohol based, no preservatives either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)