Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant woman arrested for falling down stairs! sorry if posted already.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sorry if this was posted already I did a search and couldn't find anything. I live here in Iowa and I came across this story and I couldn't believe it!  it's illegal to fall down the stairs while you're pregnant in Iowa if they somehow come to the conclusion you meant to kill your baby.  I fell down the stairs when I was pregnant with my second I'm glad I wasn't arrested when I went to the hospital to make sure he was ok.  What do you guys think?

http://womensissues.about.com/b/2010/02/17/falling-down-pregnant-can-get-you-arrested-in-iowa.htm

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommaboudreaux
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

That is really f-ed up!!!

roxy85
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

It's horrible that she was arrested, but I guess the things that she said to the docs made them think she didn't want the baby and did it on purpose according to that article.

junebug624
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I dont understand how the docs went against the HIPPA laws and got away with it..

naturalmom86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

This is really quite odd. She was vunerable...telling her ups and downs of the pregnancy and how she decided she wanted to KEEP the baby..yet they felt the need to call the police? Do they really think that if she wanted to terminate the pregnancy that she would go to the hospital after being told she was ok by the paramedics? I don't know what woman wouldn't be under stress with her situation. To me (if we have all the details and the information is correct) it sounds like she wanted the baby. This is SO wierd.

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

frustrated

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

im not sue happy...but in this case i would be

mommywife06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM

If she truly wanted to kill her baby she wouldnt of asked them to send an ambulance to come get her to see if the baby was alright. And how did they not get in trouble for violating HIPAA? That makes me want to tell my doctor anything in fear it would get out. She is now being looked at as a horrible mother and person all because of idiots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)