Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16yo parents make him pay the bills

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM
  • 42 Replies

My BIL and his wife pulled my nephew out of school because of a bunch of crap that was happening. They planned on having me homeschooling him, well they decided they just wanted him to get his GED instead and they have mad him go get a job and start paying 1/3 of all bills  and food. And they are making him pay for his own GED classes. We have tried talking to them telling them its not right of them. Hes 16, but his mom is a money hungry bitch. Thats all she cares about is having more $. Is there anything that can be done about it, or is he just stuck unless he gets emancipated or what?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM

My husband worked and helped support his family at that age. He did go to regular school...but he worked after school. When I met him 100% of his paychecks were going to his family.

He told me it was part of being in a family. They needed more and he was more then capable to help...so he did.

I don't think it's a bad thing. for centuries when kids reached working age they were expected to help out. 

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

shecallsmemom04
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM

they made him quit his EDUCATION to go get a JOB?  that's a bit ass backwards.

my children's education is a whole hell of a lot more important than having more money in my pocket.  it's not my childs responsibility to pay for the household.  i took that on when i choose to have children.

i'm not really sure if anything can be done, but those parents are complete ding bats.

i save animals.....because they have proven to me they are better than people.

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I worked at that age and my check helped pay the bills. What kind of crap was he pulled out for?

college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

When I was 16, half my money went to pay bills, i also had to buy my own food.  I went to school an worked after school.  Thank god I worked at KFC and they let me bring home leftovers so I didnt have to live off ramen.

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

They pulled him out of school to help them pay bills....how does he feel about this? Im not sure what can be done about it.

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

My now ex was paying 100% of all bills when he was 16. His mom and step dad did not have jobs.

BaseballMom34
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Explain what caused him to be pulled outta school.....That could seriously change my opinion on this situation.

MeandB
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I worked and paid for my own stuff..... shampoo conditioner, food, clothes, etc..... It's not right that they made him quit school though.

priincessz
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM

damn wtf just for he can help them pay the bills?? when i was 16 i had a job and went to school and work everyday. why can't he just do that? Education is way more important than fucking money. why doesn't the wife get a job?

MyHotComments.com  sprinkle Pictures, Images and Photos  cute Pictures, Images and Photos cute bear Pictures, Images and Photos

FL2AK
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM

If he was pulled out of school for things that he did than I completely agree with what they are doing.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)