Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discipline your own child!!!! A vent

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

We went to Chucky Cheese tonight to try it out and see if we wanted to have our son's 2nd birthday party there.  My son has never had a problem playing nice with other children but we always watch him close.  He was playing in I guess the baby section and the other kids had no problem sharing this little maze toy.  Well DH went to get some tokens for rides and I was watching ds.  This little girl probably about 3 or 4 apparently had a problem sharing and started to push my son backwards down the slide.  I wasn't quite sure want was going on so I waited to see if maybe it was him doing something.  After the first time she pushed him he tried to move away and she just kept trying to push him back and down the slide.  I went over and calmly said "No no, no pushing."  that was it the girl started to cry like I yelled at her or slapped her.  Her mom watched the whole thing and wasn't going to do something and I sure as hell wasn't going to let her push my son.  The mom got all mad and gave me a dirty look while I was telling DH what happened.  He told me not to talk to loud that she could hear I said I don't care no one is going to do that to my child.  I'm so happy my son is a solid little boy and that she wasn't able to push him he could have been hurt.  I hate lazy parents who can't teach their kids manners.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymama2kids
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I agree!

MeandB
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Horrible, I don't see how its so hard to watch your kids or teach them not to hit or that they need to be nice, but whatever....obviously for some people, its impossible!

MiosMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Good for you!! I hate when parents are like that!

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Sorry I chuckled a little about you talking loud enough for her to hear you.  I would have done the same thing.  I don't know why parents can't teach their kids that certain things are not ok to do.  I am glad nothing happened to your lil boy.

click to join in

college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM

We were at a hospital once, and in the waiting room, DD was 18 months old and playing with a toy this 6 year old tried to take it, my daughter held on to it tightly and I just watched to see if the mom would do something.  The girl pushed DD into a table and broke her head open.  I flipped, I told that lady she "needed to watch her fucking kid, or keep her locked up at home" she had to pay for the medical bills because I called the police and filed a report...

proudmama1207
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I agree. Some parent doesn't teach their kid manners and their kid pushes/punches/slaps/etc mine. I am sure as heck gonna have it out with that parent. No one will be that way with my son. My son plays nice.

perfectkitten
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Yeah well some parents just take their kids to places like that and gived them free rein. I don't agree with it either, but what can you say other than complain to management.

Kiki7808
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

tell me about and its worse when its family. my nephew who is 3 and my dd who at the time was 16 months (and 20lb mind u) kept getting pushed, picked up and dropped, laid on top of by him over and over while we were visiting for christmas. i was getting soooooo mad cuz my SIL told me she didnt want me to yell at him(dumb i know) and to come find her when he does something and she will deal with it. well she doesnt all she does is say no or dont do that there was never a consiquence so he kept doing it and i had to bit my tongue.... man i was soo stressed the whole time i was there.... what really bothered me was that they all didnt seem to care that much that he was doing it, cuz i know if some kid that was bigger than him was picking on him they would go ape s**t. ughh it still makes me mad

callie06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

WOW!! your poor DD I would have flipped too. 

Quoting college.mom:

We were at a hospital once, and in the waiting room, DD was 18 months old and playing with a toy this 6 year old tried to take it, my daughter held on to it tightly and I just watched to see if the mom would do something.  The girl pushed DD into a table and broke her head open.  I flipped, I told that lady she "needed to watch her fucking kid, or keep her locked up at home" she had to pay for the medical bills because I called the police and filed a report...

college.mom
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM

It took everything I had not to beat the hell out of that mom HAHA.  I am glad you DS was okay though, people need to take care of there kids both in public and at home.

Quoting callie06:

WOW!! your poor DD I would have flipped too. 

Quoting college.mom:

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)