Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too much amnotic fluid??

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my dr calls me today(which one made me worry just bc its a sat).............. i nhad a sono done yesterday to measure fluid around baby well the lady who did it said it look great well my dr called me and said she was worried about it being way to high. well my question is why is she worried? i thought the more the better. im 31wks today. she  is considering going ahead and doing my csection............. i need to know why she is worried. she got off the phone pretty quick. what cause too much water etc and what harm can/will do to my baby

i have to be in her office at 730 monday

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
proudmama1207
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM

These are the problems that are associated with it:

• Preterm rupture of the membranes (breaks or tears in the sac that holds the amniotic fluid; also called PROM)
  • Umbilical cord accidents
  • Polyhydramnios may also raise the risk of pregnancy complications, including:
  • Preterm delivery
  • Placental abruption (the placenta peels away from the uterine wall before delivery) 
  • Poor growth of the fetus
  • Stillbirth
  • Cesarean delivery
  • Severe bleeding by the mother after delivery
  • http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/188_1044.asp

MommyRivera
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

With my last pregnancy I had too much fluid. Every case is different, but I delivered a healthy baby boy at 42 weeks. I had to have a lot of sonos done though. He was in the breech position from week 29 to 38. My doctor said the extra fluid may have helped him turn head-down.

MamaSusieQ045
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

i dont know all the reasons but i know that the risk of stillbirth and problems with the umbilical cord and your placenta can rupture...other then those three things i have no clue,,,i know too little is bad and to much is bad...

AlyssaMommy2008
    by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM

BUMP?????shrugging

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)