Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nair Burning my legs HELP

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I used nair for about 6 minutes and my legs are burning and really red! Can I put lotion on? What can help it stop burning???

Thanks,

Melissa

by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy068
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM

the aloe stuff that you use for sunburn. I had the same thing happen to me along time ago.

lilmommakiser
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM

okay thanks amy068

Chrystal_A
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I guess you left it on too long?It always burns my legs when applying but i can rinse it off and be better.

mrcleansgal
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I can not use Nair because I have a reaction to whatever is in the stuff. My legs swell and my veins get swollen and look like they are going to pop out of my legs. Its really gross. I had to use some cream the dr gave me for the reaction to go away. Do you have some hydro cream. maybe that will help 

luv2wahm
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I can't use nair because of this same reaction..it almost feels like a chemical burn.. try aloe..good luck!

lilmommakiser
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I left it on for 5  minutes it says no longer than 10. its so red and hurts but thanks for the advise

mom2four1978
by Liz on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM

hydrocortison cream. Been there, done that.

AmelieH
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM

yikes... that is why the packaging tells you to test a small area of your skin before applying all over.  I hope the aloe helps!

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Ouch! I can't use Nair either. It always makes me have a reaction. I hope you find something that helps.

bridey530
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM

aloe?  vitamin e?  i learned a while back that truly the best way to control leg hair is unfortunatley shaving.  i guess waxing might work for me if i went to a professional but shaving is definitly what i have found to be the gentlest.  i love the venus razors.  sorry 'bout your burn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)